Ciaran Clark (now a free agent)

Foluwashola

The whinging in this thread looking a bit stupid now. That penalty aside, he's been excellent.

Aye. It's almost as if Rafa Benitez is a better judge of a player than some of the lads on here.

I'll see your Ciaran Clark.

And raise you Jack Colback.

Been very pleasantly surprised with him. Going from Captain Fistpumps and a Colo who couldn't give less of a fuck to this guy and Hanley, been night and day.

Just hope Clark doesn't turn back into a turd at the PL level.

The whinging in this thread looking a bit stupid now. That penalty aside, he's been excellent.

Aye. It's almost as if Rafa Benitez is a better judge of a player than some of the lads on here.

Honestly think Rafa sees him as no more than a workhorse, just a body he can throw out there to give Hayden a rest. He'll be upgraded upon at some point.

Honestly think Rafa sees him as no more than a workhorse, just a body he can throw out there to give Hayden a rest. He'll be upgraded upon at some point.

:lol: This'll get quoted in 2019.

Who knew.

The ghost of Sir Bobby apparently.

Guest firetotheworks

I dunno about that, it's a level where Mike Williamson thrived and Clarke was judged on his errors at a higher level. Those errors still happened and other Villa fans confirmed it. I don't think Brummie was a big fan either. He's been excellent at this level though, no doubt about that.

I dunno about that, it's a level where Mike Williamson thrived and Clarke was judged on his errors at a higher level. Those errors still happened and other Villa fans confirmed it. I don't think Brummie was a big fan either. He's been excellent at this level though, no doubt about that.

Aye. Credit where it's due. He's been really good for us. Previous opinions were made when he was in the PL.. it might only apply... in the PL. It's why i'm cringing a bit about the Gayle and Shelvey for England talk. It's another thing to do it in the PL totally.

Aye. Credit where it's due. He's been really good for us. Previous opinions were made when he was in the PL.. it might only apply... in the PL. It's why i'm cringing a bit about the Gayle and Shelvey for England talk. It's another thing to do it in the PL totally.

Who the hell is it wanting them for England though? It's not the fans.

Shelvey already has a handful of caps for England and did well enough, like. His consistency was an issue but he has looked a top class Premiership player in fits and spurts.

I cannot recall ever noticing him much but by all accounts Clark was awful in the Premiership, I hope it was just an age thing combined with playing in a poor squad, would love him to make the step up.

Thing is with Clark, he was in a very poor team devoid of confidence, he's taken a step down under an world class manager and looks a lot better albeit at a lower level. It's unfair to judge him as not able to take that step up until we see what he's capable of under the right management and training.

Clearly he was poor last year but how much is contributed to the player and how much to other external factors is yet to be seen.

Much of this will need to be revisited when (if) we make it back up to the PL and these players develop under Rafa and his staff's coaching. Some of these players played under crap managers here, Palace, Villa etc.

Been very pleasantly surprised with him. Going from Captain Fistpumps and a Colo who couldn't give less of a f*** to this guy and Hanley, been night and day.

Urgh ... Colo and Taylor man. Had completely wiped these two from my mind. What a horrific pairing they were together. Damned depressing stuff.

Been very pleasantly surprised with him. Going from Captain Fistpumps and a Colo who couldn't give less of a f*** to this guy and Hanley, been night and day.

Urgh ... Colo and Taylor man. Had completely wiped these two from my mind. What a horrific pairing they were together. Damned depressing stuff.

And Mike Williamson as the alternative.  :lol:

They were superb together in 11-12 until Taylor got injured!

I put him as a DM in FIFA, and he's killing it. Sort it out, Rafa.

I've done that and you're right, he's s*** hot. Even finding time to breakthrough the opponent's back line to create.

:thup: *digital dab & nod*

I also put him DM in fifa and he's now 78 ovr and an absolute tank  ;D

Be interesting to see how he'd do there irl but for now his form at CB is going great so if it's not broke.........