Newcastle United promoted back to the Premier League

Figures 1-0 Football
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Down from 10 to 8. Too many points thrown away by not getting going, and genuinely think the lack of new faces is a major mistake.

Hopefully we'll still have enough but it's looking dodgy at the moment.

The warning signs are there tonight and have been for a couple of months now. We needed signings to freshen things up and give us that extra quality but the deadly duo fucked up again. Defensively we look shocking and other teams are slowly whittling the gap down. With away games at Sheff Wed, Huddersfield, Brighton and reading to come it's a bit concerning especially with the form currently shown. Still a 6.5 for me but The next month is massive. We shall see but the team needs shaking up and certain players dropped. We need Gayle back asap as Murphy is to immobile and Mitro is finished here which was made plainly obvious tonight.

Still got to go to Brighton, huddersfield, reading and Sheff wed. Playing poorly, conceding poor goals, lack of belief and resilience and no fresh faces to change things with. I'm worried like, tonight wasn't a blip or a one-off either.

I'm down to a 7, still think we'll do it but it'll be close. Teams chasing us can do what we can't.

Urgh, tried to keep a brave face after last night but it was so f***ing obvious we needed to freshen the squad up.

It was and is obvious and yet some on here were trying to say otherwise

Down from 10 to 8. Too many points thrown away by not getting going, and genuinely think the lack of new faces is a major mistake.

Hopefully we'll still have enough but it's looking dodgy at the moment.

Yup I think the whole squad needed the boost a couple of recruits would have brought but of course we've decided to not bother as usual.

In all honesty, even if we were to go up there's absolutely no chance we'll get the requisite backing to ensure we stay there. Ashley needs to go if we've any chance of re-establishing ourselves as a reasonable top flight side. This recent shit show of a transfer window has shown, with a decent manager or not, we're a million miles away from getting anywhere near resembling a competitive side.

I said after the Rotherham game that the only way we could stay in the top 2 is if we avoid dropping points away against  Brighton, Huddersfield, Reading and Wednesday and try get maximum points at home against Derby and Leeds. Don't see us getting any good results from that away lot and won't get maximum points at home. And we'll definitely fuck up one or two results against other lowly teams too.

Down to a 7 for me.

Was an 8, now down to 7. We are better away from home, it suits Rafas negative defensive tactics, we can play on the counter and not have to try and create very much. Maybe the Shelvey hoof to the scampering Gayle will still be enough.