Newcastle United promoted back to the Premier League

Figures 1-0 Football
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We've been poor in about half our home fixtures this season, though. Hardly a one off.

Sure we've been poor in a few games, but this was the first time we've beaten and totally outclassed. Hence the one-off bit.

Leaving SJP on Saturday I was concerned about how easily they beat us but now I'm more inclined to think their stellar day just coincided with us being mentally and physically weary resulting in them playing us off the park.

Guest neesy111

We've been poor in about half our home fixtures this season, though. Hardly a one off.

Sure we've been poor in a few games, but this was the first time we've beaten and totally outclassed. Hence the one-off bit.

Leaving SJP on Saturday I was concerned about how easily they beat us but now I'm more inclined to think their stellar day just coincided with us being mentally and physically weary resulting in them playing us off the park.

We were well beaten by Wolves as well.

We were well beaten by Wolves as well.

I know what I said opens itself to scrutiny  :lol: and we were indeed very poor against Wolves, but no one has done to us what Fulham did, and I don't think it will happen again this season.

Based entirely on recent form, kicking out who each of us played, and using that over the remaining games, I got this. I know this is hardly scientific, but I'm bored at work and just trying to convince myself that we'll go up.

Huddersfield has taken 25 out of their last 30 points. If they did that over the remaining 10 games, they'd end up on 96 points.

We've taken 18 of our last 27, which would put us at 95 points.

Brighton have taken 14 out of 27, which would put them on 91 points.

I highly doubt things will work out like this, mostly because Huddersfield would have taken 50 out of 60 points, which is insane. Especially with the fact that they have to play 8 games in April.

Worth noting that Huddersfield's game in hand away at Wolves (25th Apr) is wedged in between a tough home game against Fulham on the 22nd and another trip to Birmingham on the 29th. Could see them dropping points.

April is going to be a tough month for us and Brighton who both have 7 games to play. 8 games for Huddersfield will just be insane, you wouldn't expect any team to come out of that with a 100% record. If they did then fucking fair play to them. I just think they are going to be knackered and it will show in a few of their games.

We should be in cruise control after the tough week of away fixtures we had, but we are not and to be perfectly honest of the 3 teams chasing the auto spots we seem the most suspect, the others would not have lost in the manner we did against Fulham. We are not winning a playoff with both Sheff Wed and Fulham possibly in it, they both have our number. Not very confident right now, we need a huge turnaround in performance from the last two and more importantly 3 points from the Brum game, it's absolutely vital.

April is going to be a tough month for us and Brighton who both have 7 games to play. 8 games for Huddersfield will just be insane, you wouldn't expect any team to come out of that with a 100% record. If they did then f***ing fair play to them. I just think they are going to be knackered and it will show in a few of their games.

April is no different to February in terms of games played for us, we did OK in February and we'll go up if we replicate that in April.  7 played brought us 15 points so we managed to get more than 2 points per game and were unbeaten.  Teams might start to pick up injuries like we seem to be doing now and at least we have a bigger squad than the teams we're going to be playing against.

We're going up as champions imo.

If I was putting money on it, that would definitely be my conclusion as well. But whereas before I thought we'd have wrapped up promotion by now, it does seem like we are unlikely to put much distance between us and the other two teams until the end of the season. I think both Huddersfield and Brighton will keep pushing us right to the end.

I have no doubt in Rafa's mentality at all. I know he's up to it. The question is: are your players?

Of course it's Rafa's job to make sure they are, but if a team lacks leaders and is mentally fragile it is hard to paper over the cracks. I bet he wanted to get players in with the right mentality in January.

I still make you massive favourites to win the league. But tomorrow v Brum will say much about the psychological strength of the players after what happened last week. Win and you'll be fine. Lose and the pressure will grow, as will these kinds of questions.

We should be in cruise control after the tough week of away fixtures we had, but we are not and to be perfectly honest of the 3 teams chasing the auto spots we seem the most suspect, the others would not have lost in the manner we did against Fulham. We are not winning a playoff with both Sheff Wed and Fulham possibly in it, they both have our number. Not very confident right now, we need a huge turnaround in performance from the last two and more importantly 3 points from the Brum game, it's absolutely vital.

What was the manner of Brighton's 3-0 defeat to relegation-threatened Nottingham Forest?

What is the manner of Huddersfield's 4-0 defeat to relegation-threatened Bristol City?

Massive result tonight, if we win tomorrow that's a 6 point lead even if Huddersfield win their game in hand.

7 if you consider goal difference

Yep. A win tomorrow would be a crushing blow to Huddersfield's hopes.

Massive result tonight, if we win tomorrow that's a 6 point lead even if Huddersfield win their game in hand.

7 if you consider goal difference

Yeah but don't forget that they only have to win every remaining game 3-0 to stand a chance of making that up on us.