Newcastle United promoted back to the Premier League

Figures 1-0 Football
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm a pessimist by nature but still starting at 7. Looking at our run in last season we struggled against the poorer sides, while performing above expectation against the better ones. Defeat at Norwich, Draw at Villa, Draw with the Mackems those three results killed our chances, we even struggled to beat a really poor Palace side only a great free kick and excellent penalty save got us the points there. We will be playing a lot of poor teams this season, we have to learn how to beat them.

We do without a shadow of a doubt have the strongest quad and best manager in the division, it would be a major shock if we didn't go back up but not counting any chickens here.

Guest palnese

Anything other than promotion would be a monumental fuck up. We have by far the best squad and the best manager in the league by quite some distance.

Hell, finishing 2nd would be poor.

Paddy Power meanwhile have priced up half a dozen NUFC-related specials as follows:

To remain unbeaten in the Championship 33/1

To win the Championship with record points total 8/1

Not to be promoted from the Championship 6/5

To be unbeaten at home in the Championship 5/1

To score in every Championship match 25/1

Rafa Benitez to leave his job by 01.01.2017 6/1

8. With all the changes to the squad and the difficult looking September I wouldn't be surprised if we start slowly but then build momentum as the season progresses.

This - will take time for side to properly gel, we will lack physique up front until Mitro is back and we need a better winger/AM. Until I see a few games I am going for a 7-8.

Anything other than promotion would be a monumental f*** up. We have by far the best squad and the best manager in the league by quite some distance.

Hell, finishing 2nd would be poor.

I think Sheff Wed will be up there as well

Well it's at least a 9, really. I was trying to be cautious but it'd be a huge shock if we didn't get promoted, we don't even have to win the thing.

Think Norwich, Brighton, Villa and Derby are the ones to watch.

I went for 6

The work has to be done.weve no devine right to anything.on paper it looks good but.........

6?!

We'll have by far the best squad in the league

We'll have by far the best manager in the league

We'll have by far the biggest support in the league

It's a shit league and we'll piss it!

I put 9. My only, very, slight concern is that we might not have that goalscorer who will score bagfulls. However we probably have several players who will get double figures.

How do you vote in the poll if you think we're certain to get promoted but not necessarily as champions?

Anyway, 10. Huge value in the 'record points total' bet. Reading lost 2 and drew 13.

Although we are well prepared and the squad is probably the strongest in the division, I think it will be tougher than many imagine. Everyone will up their game against us and there are about six clubs who look equipped for a challenge.

Talk of an unbeaten season and points records etc is frankly ridiculous at this stage.

If we show enough character and keep our feet on the ground we should do it but right now it's a 7 for me.

Rafa Benitez in the championship

:thup:

He could probably finish top 2 with 18 out of the 24 squads in the league, tbh. He's just got that golden touch of seeing things that other managers don't - in his own team and the opposition.