Newcastle United promoted back to the Premier League

Figures 1-0 Football
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Still a 10 from me as well. We were never gonna go the entire season undefeated. This is a shit league. Injuries will bite other teams much harder than our squad. Disappointing result today, Rafa will ensure we bounce back though :thup:

One none performance isn't going to make me come down any, still massively confident we will get automatic promotion and once we're top spot we'll stay there. Rafa will not let performances like this keep happening, it'll all be forgotten after our next win.

Still a 10 from me as well. We were never gonna go the entire season undefeated. This is a s*** league. Injuries will bite other teams much harder than our squad. Disappointing result today, Rafa will ensure we bounce back though :thup:

3 defeats in 8 games though 2 at home where really we shouldn't be losing. Plenty of time to sort but we shouldn't be getting eat off teams like Wolves at home.

I honestly have no clue, after Tuesday we looked a class above everyone we played but today against a team beaten 4-0 at home in their last game we looked devoid of ideas and prone to self destruction, the opposite of the previous game where we had 29 shots on goal.

I said a 7 at the start and I think that's still the smart money, play more games like we did today and that number could sink though.

This is NUFC. Will look brilliant at times then awful the next just like last week. Daft defeats like the Wolves one will see us finish close but end up 3rd/4th then lose to some nothing club from a nothing place in the play offs. Hope i'm wrong but this is the pessimism this club has drilled into me over the years.

starting to worry not signing a better striker is going to cost us in the long run, mitro won't get enough pitch time to make an impact and gayle doesn't look the answer to me

agreed, just got a feeling will will do this sort of shit, end up in the play offs and shit ourselves.  oh well..

starting to worry not signing a better striker is going to cost us in the long run, mitro won't get enough pitch time to make an impact and gayle doesn't look the answer to me

agreed, just got a feeling will will do this sort of shit, end up in the play offs and shit ourselves.  oh well..

we seem able to coast at this level and no push ourselves, especially in some away games, but if we've players missing 2-3 gilt-edged chances then we're gonna get kicked in the balls, it's totally inevitable as the other team makes changes and salvages hope

need to put games out of sight

Worth mentioning that we've had quite a difficult start in relative terms. Huddersfield, Brighton, Reading, Villa...Wolves and Bristol City are also currently top 10 and in reasonable form. After the Norwich game, we'll have played all but 1 of the current top 6.

To put this result into perspective, we drew with West Brom home and away and lost to Forest and Blackpool - our two nearest rivals and the eventual playoff winner - in 09/10. We've kept Villa, who will almost certain be in the mix towards the end of the season, at arm's length for the time being and outclassed them on their own turf for 70 mins in the process. Long term, I doubt this result will matter much. Promotion will hinge on our form against the bottom half to mid-top half of the table, not so much the likes of Norwich and Villa.

I think we'll win plenty of games on the road this season but I am concerned about our ability to break defensive sides down at SJP. Being good at set-pieces is certainly no bad thing but I would like to see us be a bit more fluid in open play at home.

agreed, just got a feeling will will do this sort of s***, end up in the play offs and s*** ourselves.  oh well..

I was think the exact same thing on my drive home from the kids swimming this morning. We should have loaned a PL reserve like Bristol City did if we couldn't find one. Surely Rafa will see this as an issue though. The good thing is although we've not won the last two games we've controlled them, just not good enough in front of goal and shooting ourselves in the foot.

He has to think about playing 2 up front more often, I'm not convinced at all about Diame. No coincidence that our best result of the season came playing with two strikers.

agreed, just got a feeling will will do this sort of s***, end up in the play offs and s*** ourselves.  oh well..

I was think the exact same thing on my drive home from the kids swimming this morning. We should have loaned a PL reserve like Bristol City did if we couldn't find one. Surely Rafa will see this as an issue though. The good thing is although we've not won the last two games we've controlled them, just not good enough in front of goal and shooting ourselves in the foot.

He has to think about playing 2 up front more often, I'm not convinced at all about Diame. No coincidence that our best result of the season came playing with two strikers.

needs to buy a quality striker in jan, do an Andy Cole.

Worth mentioning that we've had quite a difficult start in relative terms. Huddersfield, Brighton, Reading, Villa...Wolves and Bristol City are also currently top 10 and in reasonable form. After the Norwich game, we'll have played all but 1 of the current top 6.

To put this result into perspective, we drew with West Brom home and away and lost to Forest and Blackpool - our two nearest rivals and the eventual playoff winner - in 09/10. We've kept Villa, who will almost certain be in the mix towards the end of the season, at arm's length for the time being and outclassed them on their own turf for 70 mins in the process. Long term, I doubt this result will matter much. Promotion will hinge on our form against the bottom half to mid-top half of the table, not so much the likes of Norwich and Villa.

I think we'll win plenty of games on the road this season but I am concerned about our ability to break defensive sides down at SJP. Being good at set-pieces is certainly no bad thing but I would like to see us be a bit more fluid in open play at home.

Good post. We have had a tough start and our fixtures over the next 2 months look a lot kinder. We were always going to struggle breaking teams down when we failed to sign a creative player in the summer.