Newcastle Utd 1 - 2 Huddersfield Town - 13/08/16 - Post-match reaction from p24

Kaizero

Our last Championship team were more comfortable on the team in defence, and more determined and aggressive in midfield and up front. Plus a competent keeper.

We have none of that this time.

Never wanted to slap a player more than Anita tbh!

Our last Championship team were more comfortable on the team in defence, and more determined and aggressive in midfield and up front. Plus a competent keeper.

Worried about the defence - this is Rafa's strong point and we've been shocking so far.

Has anyone seen any of this? Is it as bad as the scoreline suggests?

I doubt, it seems like most of the uber experts on here don't actually go to the game if today is anything to go by.

I'm not there because I'm abroad at the minute.

Aye, going to the game makes a big difference in your football knowledge.  Well known fact.

You've never been to a game have you?

Been to plenty.  Guess that means i'm a special football expert flower.

Well done.

What's a 'special football expert flower' by the way?

If you don't know you haven't been to enough games.

Hehehehe

I'll be in the Bodega pre Brighton wearing a carnation.

Our last side had a point to prove, as everyone wanted to take the piss. Nolan, Carroll, Smith etc created an ethic & fighting spirit. We never looked back.

Im struggling with the concept we dont have the players when half of these did alright at prem level. People are slating Anita who helped us draw with Man city a few months ago. They struggled to score past us with the same defence bar Janmaat? Surely its more mental than physical or are we genuinely saying Huddersfields players have more ability than ours currently?

I doubt, it seems like most of the uber experts on here don't actually go to the game if today is anything to go by.

Aye, going to the game makes a big difference in your football knowledge.  Well known fact.

Well done.

Hehehehe

Flattered but taken i'm afraid.  I'll be in my living room wearing boxers.

Our last side had a point to prove, as everyone wanted to take the piss. Nolan, Carroll, Smith etc created an ethic & fighting spirit. We never looked back.

Im struggling with the concept we dont have the players when half of these did alright at prem level. People are slating Anita who helped us draw with Man city a few months ago. They struggled to score past us with the same defence bar Janmaat? Surely its more mental than physical or are we genuinely saying Huddersfields players have more ability than ours currently?

I'm not convinced about the quality of our players tbh. Some of them have big reputations but disappear up their own arse when given the shirt. Shelvey being a case in point.

Well done.

Hehehehe

Got any spots?

I'm not convinced about the quality of our players tbh. Some of them have big reputations but disappear up their own arse when given the shirt. Shelvey being a case in point.

Can't be relied on whatsoever. Gutless and first head to drop.

We've had some real stinkers in recent times but that's one of the worst results in recent memory. Terrible, terrible results. Shut me up, like. I was confident we'd win the league comfortably.

We've had some real stinkers in recent times but that's one of the worst results in recent memory. Terrible, terrible results. Shut me up, like. I was confident we'd win the league comfortably.

Me too. Struggling to remember a worse recent result. Going to be way harder than expected.

Anybody posted that actually saw it yet?

It was awful. Shelvey and Anita were shite in particular. Mbemba was out muscled for their second like a school child. Ritchie is our best player by a country mile tries to create way more than anyone else. Hayden was average, Aarons was rubbish, kept running straight into his marker, Perez was out fought off the ball a few times and did nowt with it, lascelles was shaky as anyone I've ever seen play for us at centre back.

Some of us thought this level would be tough (and got shot down for it), teams are better than many of our fans give them credit for...but regardless, this is an awful result. No need to commit mass sepukku just yet but there are discernible things Rafa needs to look at (Anita RM, the defence, two DMs etc etc). He's got this level wrong so far, but he's the right person to analyse and act upon it.

Home form is vital down here so let's hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

It was awful. Shelvey and Anita were shite in particular. Mbemba was out muscled for their second like a school child. Ritchie is our best player by a country mile tries to create way more than anyone else. Hayden was average, Aarons was rubbish, kept running straight into his marker, Perez was out fought off the ball a few times and did nowt with it, lascelles was shaky as anyone I've ever seen play for us at centre back.

:thup:

Basically sounds like we're too fucking soft for this level. It was noticeable against Fulham that we kept stopping thinking it was a Premier League ref.

Need to wise up and quick.

I was posting on here in 2013 that we have no movement or creativity in midfield. People would just stand and watch the person on the ball and I feel like I could just copy and paste it here. We barely looked like scoring against Fulham and judging by what I've read about todays game it was very similar again. Our defence is obviously a concern because we concede sloppy goals but if we never actually look like ever scoring from open play it adds extra pressure on our defence that they aren't ready to cope with right now. We need a drastic improvement in this area if we are to get promotion.

Some of us thought this level would be tough (and got shot down for it), teams are better than many of our fans give them credit for...but regardless, this is an awful result. No need to commit mass sepukku just yet but there are discernible things Rafa needs to look at (Anita RM, the defence, two DMs etc etc). He's got this level wrong so far, but he's the right person to analyse and act upon it.

Home form is vital down here so let's hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

So basically all the crap that got us this mess dont look capable of getting us out of it.

It was awful. Shelvey and Anita were s**** in particular. Mbemba was out muscled for their second like a school child. Ritchie is our best player by a country mile tries to create way more than anyone else. Hayden was average, Aarons was rubbish, kept running straight into his marker, Perez was out fought off the ball a few times and did nowt with it, lascelles was shaky as anyone I've ever seen play for us at centre back.

:thup:

Basically sounds like we're too f***ing soft for this level. It was noticeable against Fulham that we kept stopping thinking it was a Premier League ref.

Need to wise up and quick.

Yep.

Not about 'quality' it's about attitude, application and awareness of the situation.

We could learn one hell of a lot from the Olympic rowing and track cycling guys and girls, application and attitude cementing the undoubted talent.

Never thought this would be 'easy' but in all honesty if anyone is gonna f*** it up it's NUFC we should not be surprised in the least.

What did we pay for Shelvey, about £14m? Based on what I've seen so far, he couldn't lace Danny Guthrie's fucking boots.

Was he that bad today Wullie?

I've seen sod all of today, just going off what I've seen so far and heard about today.

What did we pay for Shelvey, about £14m? Based on what I've seen so far, he couldn't lace Danny Guthrie's fucking boots.

Was he that bad today Wullie?

I've seen sod all of today, just going off what I've seen so far and heard about today.

Fair enough :thup: