Brentford manager: Alan Judge won't join Newcastle this summer

Nobody

Anyone have a clue about this fella, have never seen him play or watched Brentford much.

Did he get selected for the Euro's?

Heard he has a good number of assists from the chron

No, he has a broken leg.

Diminutive Winger/attacking midfielder. Decent shot/cross.

Not too dissimilar to Ritchie.

He actually did get selected for the Euros, before an assault from Ipswich's filthy cunt Luke Hyam snapped his leg. Was Nigel De Jong-esque.

He's relatively similar to Ritchie but maybe a bit more of a ball carrier. Likes to run at players with pace. For those saying he's not quick, okay he's not Obafemi Martins quick but he's definitely not slow. His work rate is huge though he's absolutely everywhere.

The thing people are worrying about is the opportunity cost. If we only sign one winger and it's Judge, then we're in trouble because we're beyond bare bones in that position, playing the likes of Anita and Gouffran there. We're blatantly lacking creativity and the injury to Aarons leaves us with just one winger in the squad. They're saying Judge is not back until November, but we all know that he hasn't had a pre season and is returning from a leg break, so he'll take weeks and weeks to get up to full speed. I'm no doctor, but looking at other players with similar injuries, you'd say the turn of the year is more likely.

That leaves us short in a key area for half of the season. We're about to play all of our promotion rivals in what could be a decisive run. Whether we sign Judge or not, another winger is a must. If it's just him, we're going to struggle now let alone when injuries to our other players hit.

It's exactly that, I've seen enough of Judge to want him here, I think he can do a real job for us and with the players he'll have around him he'll be even better than last season. However that doesn't fix our problem now and if he was the only purchase for that position then move on, but I don't think Rafa is that daft and is just looking at a cheap purchase that he know will be a good aquision when he's fit and he'll be looking at other targets to fit in right now.

In short buy him, but make sure we're adding further strength to our wings also.

It's exactly that, I've seen enough of Judge to want him here, I think he can do a real job for us and with the players he'll have around him he'll be even better than last season. However that doesn't fix our problem now and if he was the only purchase for that position then move on, but I don't think Rafa is that daft and is just looking at a cheap purchase that he know will be a good aquision when he's fit and he'll be looking at other targets to fit in right now.

In short buy him, but make sure we're adding further strength to our wings also.

:thup:

Hopefully you're right.

Would have hung onto De Jong this season, and tried to get him fit, think he could have been a good player for us.

Not sure we really need this guy.

The wages saved on De jong probably mean this is effectively a free transfer.

Still like to see somebody else but this looks like it could be a god bit of business.

Would have hung onto De Jong this season, and tried to get him fit, think he could have been a good player for us.

Not sure we really need this guy.

The wages saved on De jong probably mean this is effectively a free transfer.

Still like to see somebody else but this looks like it could be a god bit of business.

Should link up well with Jesus then.

Some absolute bollocks on here.

It's a straightforward broken leg, not a full on acl. If he's good enough he'll prove it. Quite like that we're signing players with something to prove, should we go up I would imagine we'll see the rest of the trash cleared out next summer.

I'd like to watch the medical.  I bet the consultant will be slightly bemused when he walks in on crutches for a medical.

"His leg is broken and he has some kind of rod stuck in it"

Yeah, I'm sure that'll come as a huge surprise to the medical team.

Speaking as a resident of Brentford, he's really highly thought of. Have spoken to a few guys who watch them regularly and they all say he's been there outstanding player the last two seasons. He's certainly worth a punt but you'd hope we aren't putting all our eggs in his basket.