DeAndre Yedlin (now playing for Inter Miami)

Ameritoon

He did great yesterday.  Nice to have a bit of pace in the side and he's linking up with Ritchie really well.  Was a little concerned when we signed him due to everyone saying he's a bit frail defensively but he's looked pretty solid tbf.

With a handful of others, he's one player I'm not that concerned about making the jump back to the PL next season.

Agreed. Hats off to Yedlin, he's probably just behind Shelvey and Gayle in terms of his importance to our season now. Fantastic energy and technically much better than I expected. His ability mixed with Rafa's mentorship could turn him into a real player in that position.

With a handful of others, he's one player I'm not that concerned about making the jump back to the PL next season.

Agreed. Hats off to Yedlin, he's probably just behind Shelvey and Gayle in terms of his importance to our season now. Fantastic energy and technically much better than I expected. His ability mixed with Rafa's mentorship could turn him into a real player in that position.

He does occasionally get caught out of position but his pace gets him out of trouble. That won't happen as much in the Premiership but then again, he's still learning and so I expect him to be fine.

He does occasionally get caught out of position but his pace gets him out of trouble. That won't happen as much in the Premiership but then again, he's still learning and so I expect him to be fine.

Yes that's true but I feel Rafa will obviously know this and will adjust to it tactically. I don't think he would expect Yedlin to get back to position every time he got upfield, especially if it's part of his instruction and our general attacking play.