Daryl Murphy

nemtizz

Mitro is going to have a problem and must prove himself unless of course we palm Mitro off.

Why?

Well as things stand he's probably now our 3rd choice striker which he wouldn't have envisaged at the start of the season. Even before his injury and Murphy coming in and scoring in every game the signs were there when Rafa didn't even include him in the squad for Blackburn.

I agree. How he reacts to this could be decisive in his future with the club. I for one hope he focuses his determination into proving his worth.

He could certainly learn a bit about his role from Murphy.

I don't want to make any rash judgements made on a couple of games, but from what I've seen so far, Murphy just seems to have a bit of extra polish and intelligence as a target man, at this level at least. He's getting in good goal scoring positions and finishing well. Mitro is all aggression and putting himself about, but it's where the ball ends up that counts.

I don't want to make any rash judgements made on a couple of games, but from what I've seen so far, Murphy just seems to have a bit of extra polish and intelligence as a target man, at this level at least. He's getting in good goal scoring positions and finishing well. Mitro is all aggression and putting himself about, but it's where the ball ends up that counts.

I wonder how a player with 11 years more experience and playing regularly in this division for most of his career, could be better than Mitro like.

I wonder how a player with 11 years more experience and playing regularly in this division for most of his career, could be better than Mitro like.

It's amazing how we're only to judge Mitro on the league he's used to (Belgian?), it seems no division is easy for him. He's forever 'bedding in.' We could get relegated to League Two and there will be Mitro fans saying "ah but he's new to this division, he's young, give him time!"

I say that partly in jest, but I also worry that Mitro hasn't impressed Rafa as much as he probably should have.

It's amazing how we're only to judge Mitro on the league he's used to (Belgian?), it seems no division is easy for him. He's forever 'bedding in.' We could get relegated to League Two and there will be Mitro fans saying "ah but he's new to this division, he's young, give him time!"

I say that partly in jest, but I also worry that Mitro hasn't impressed Rafa as much as he probably should have.

To be fair, Mitrovic was good V QPR and PNE when he started and scared the life out of Norwich when he came on and we were chasing.

To be fair, Mitrovic was good V QPR and PNE when he started and scared the life out of Norwich when he came on and we were chasing.

One of the few occasions we've played a genuine 4-4-2 under Rafa. We looked pretty fucking great with it, too.

One of the few occasions we've played a genuine 4-4-2 under Rafa. We looked pretty f***ing great with it, too.

Look how far up Perez was at QPR aswell.

I'm not against the lad, and want him to succeed. I just don't know what's gone on between Rafa and him, or why he's not rated or given a proper run.

I'm not against the lad, and want him to succeed. I just don't know what's gone on between Rafa and him, or why he's not rated or given a proper run.

Slows the play down too much- it's fine in some games when we are under the cosh but when we have possession you want your striker making runs in behind

• 1 month later...

Did really well and really changed things up.

Our first goal came from their goalie and defender challenging for the same ball from a corner, which is the kind of thing that happens when you've got a genuine aerial threat out there. I don't think it would have happened otherwise.