Daryl Murphy

nemtizz

Plenty of uninspiring championship signings. Yes I know we are in the championship but think we all expected better incomings and to walk this league. Will need another squad overhaul if we do go up

Really?

A lot of posters did tbf.

If he scores a s*** load of goals then he'll be a great signing. If he doesn't, it's a s*** signing, simple.

What I will say though, is that it's clear that Rafa sees Gayle and Mitro as the main two strikers, everyone else playing backup, so it's tricky to find really good strikers, with experience, who are willing to be 3rd choice.

Not sure I agree, we seemingly bid for Bas Dost and Haller, who would have been first choice, obviously Murphy won't be so not sure what the idea is.

Would they have been first choice? Neither of them striker me as better players than Mitro or Gayle?

Just with who we were singing them from and possible price tags. They were never coming here to sit on the bench.

Cannot believe we haven't managed to convince Messi to come be our third choice striker in the Championship.

We've signed an established Championship striker who has got 1 in 2 for Ipswich at this level despite being described as a target man. He's been signed as back-up, the back-up that we've needed. Don't see how this could turn out to be a bad signing. He'll be a bit part player who will keep Mitro on his toes.

What the f*** is this? :lol

The daft expectations of some people on here.

Btw, what the fuck is this?

https://mobile.twitter.com/nemtizz/status/769520085560156161

We not allowed to sign decent players now that we're in the Championship? :lol:

What a weirdo.

Rivière won't feature. Armstrong will probably go on loan or not feature much. I don't think Rafa is that big a fan of mitrovic either seemed to be on the bench a lot last season under him.

I think Murphy would get quite a bit of pitch time. Rafa only likes one mobile striker up front which will be Gayle and mitrovic and Murphy would both play back up or as options to go 2 up top if we need to

Whether Riviere features or not he's still on the payroll as is Armstrong as things stand.

Cannot believe we haven't managed to convince Messi to come be our third choice striker in the Championship.

We've signed an established Championship striker who has got 1 in 2 for Ipswich at this level despite being described as a target man. He's been signed as back-up, the back-up that we've needed. Don't see how this could turn out to be a bad signing. He'll be a bit part player who will keep Mitro on his toes.

Btw, what the f*** is this?

What a weirdo.

No :lol: not saying that at all.

Just thought it was odd that the first tweet that came up to Ipswich's team news was you kicking off.

E

What a weirdo.

Just thought it was odd that the first tweet that came up to Ipswich's team news was you kicking off.

Every little helps. Hopefully they'll listen. Shame we couldn't convince Messi, though.

Any minutes he gets on the pitch seems like it would have been better for Armstrong for how own development.

I'm not keen on the transfer but I guess he deserves a shot.

Armstrong is a completely different type of player though - Murphy will be cover for Mitro I'm sure, we've seen in the last few weeks what a struggle it can be without a target man and Mitrovic is almost guaranteed to miss games.

Wouldn't have been my first choice, but as cover for a specific role for (hopefully) a single season I'll give the lad a chance.

Back when Rafa agreed to stay on I think we were all pretty confident of coming 1st. It Dosent seem that way as it stands now.

:lol:

Did you expect that we would upgrade on Gayle and Mitro after going down a league?

We´ll sleepwalk to 1st with this squad.

E

What a weirdo.

Every little helps. Hopefully they'll listen. Shame we couldn't convince Messi, though.

Nah, you're just embarrassing yourself.

E

What a weirdo.

Nah, you're just embarrassing yourself.

:lol: Fuck off.

Didn't realise Ipswich knocked a £4.5m bid from boro last summer for him. A shred buy and could be our Irish Sibierski. Will get us goals and he is a big lad who can win games from the bench when he doesn't start.

If he has the hunger, there is no reason why he shouldn't start ahead of Mitrovic.

I love Mitro but he hasn't done much to expect to walk into the team.

A bit of competition will do him good. And given he is still relatively young and raw there may not be that much difference in quality.

Murphy has certainly scored more goals at this level.

I'm fine with this. Its purpose is clear. We've bought some solid players - Clark and Murphy are the most underwhelming, yeah, but we are where we are and have solidified our squad as the best in the division now, imo. Just a winger short from clearly having the best first XI.