Christian Atsu (1992–2023)

Kaizero

• 5 weeks later...

He'd be the first winger on my teamsheet, at the minute. Had far less chances to play than others but he offers something we need and has contributed well. Deserves a solid few games.

I'd actually consider dropping Ritchie over Gouffran, tbh.

Ritchie and Gouffran are basically hard grafters, neither provides much flair or pace. I think you have to have at least one wide player to provide that.

He'd be the first winger on my teamsheet, at the minute. Had far less chances to play than others but he offers something we need and has contributed well. Deserves a solid few games.

Ritchie and Gouffran are basically hard grafters, neither provides much flair or pace. I think you have to have at least one wide player to provide that.

Ritchie made his name would good quick deliveries to players who were ready, we don't play that way.

Played well on both flanks.  Sounds like Ritchie has had two poor games on the bounce and despite Gouffran's workrate and ability to pop up with the odd goal.  He is incapable of beating his man, or playing like an actual winger.  Wouldn't mind seeing Atsu get more chances.  Only really remember or seen him for a bit v QPR, Cardiff and last night.  But he offers something different to the regular starters. 

Ritchie made his name would good quick deliveries to players who were ready, we don't play that way.

Yeah Ritchie's a good player, he also has very good delivery, that's why I think it's important we have some pace on at least one wing - that would be in Gouffran's place. We can get away with it in this division but when we go up we'll need more from the wide positions.