Christian Atsu (1992–2023)

Kaizero

1 trick poney without a f***ing trick. He always cuts inside and every defender knows this, just bring the cross in.

Only runs when he wants too and just f***ing walks with the ball when he has an opportunity to run.

The only quality in the match was his cross that Gayle nearly converted. I get the sentiment but you are chatting 1 trick poney shit.

Produced 1 cross all game, should have produced nearly 20.

He's not really that tricky, seems the type who would need an overlapping full back to be effective. Dummett today wasn't it? Yeah....not happening.

It's like last week didn't happen. :lol:

He was poor today, looked like he was shattered and blowing out of his second half.

He's not really that tricky, seems the type who would need an overlapping full back to be effective. Dummett today wasn't it? Yeah....not happening.

It's like last week didn't happen. :lol:

He was poor today, looked like he was shattered and blowing out of his second half.

West Ham have generally defended badly this season, Brighton are a harder nut to crack. Plus he's not that good.

Guest Howaythetoon

Poor today, but he’s one of our most important players and still despite his poor performance, carried the the ball forwrd and caused a threat. That shot though towards the end...

I’ll say it again, some players need game after game. It doesn’t help him nor the likes of Murphy and even Shelvey being in and out of the team. They obviously cannot perform on tap, Rafa needs to stick with certain players who are actually the likely players to help us rather than stick with the players who are under performing like Ritchie and Joselu.

We only win when him and Ritchie are on form, which hasn't been often enough this season. Yedlin has been our strongest attacking threat recently imo. I'd say a left footed left winger should be one of our main targets, along with striker and left back. Loan out Aarons and let Ritchie and Atsu battle it out for right wing. We won't get a striker who can bang one in from 1 or 2 chances a game even if we had £20m to spend on one, so we need to offer more from out wide.

That cross for the Gayle header was pure quality.That's the frustrating aspect, if he can do that, why isn't he producing it more often?

Yep. I've seen him as the anti-Ritchie, i.e pace and ability to beat his man but no end product, but that showed he can deliver as well.

Think he's been very good lately (apart from Brighton).

Offers speed and is very direct. The only player we have with that quality at the moment.

Murphy?

Murphy is not a direct player apart from the last 20 minutes yesterday.

Always losing the ball or hesitating and turning back.

Maybe it's a confidence matter but I'm not sold on him yet.

Needs to show more.

Aarrons > Murphy for me. Hopes he proves me wrong.

Not entirely sure how you can get to the conclusion Aarons is better than Murphy mind, but each to their own.

Only from what I've seen.

Aarrons had really good games against Spurs and Man City a couple of years ago.

Of course he has been injured a lot after that and not played much.

Question for Aarrons is if he will find that form again or if the injuries has destroyd him.

Only way to know is to play him or loan him to a club where he will get games.

But in my opinion he has showed more in the past than Murphy has ever done.

Aarons had a good 45 minutes agaisnt City in the cup and then a good cameo in a dead rubber which we were already 3-1 up in. He proceeded to make a very meh start to the championship and then got injured for the whole season again. Murphy's shown a lot more in his career

• 2 weeks later...