Christian Atsu (1992–2023)

Kaizero

Didn’t Atsu play as the 10 at stoke?

Pretty much. I was sitting pitch side (with Stoke fans, oh joy...) level with the half way line and he and Perez were quite fluid. Atsu often seemed the most advanced player, in the first half an hour or so. They linked-up quite well and we really should have scored a couple early on.

Someone mentioned playing Ritchie as a number 10 in the pub yesterday. I think that could be interesting...

Tbf some of us have been suggesting that as far back as September on this board, if only to keep his dead ball delivery  in the team.

Someone mentioned playing Ritchie as a number 10 in the pub yesterday. I think that could be interesting...

Tbf some of us have been suggesting that as far back as September on this board, if only to keep his dead ball delivery  in the team.

It’s something I’d like to see given a try. When I saw the team sheet against Stoke I thought that was how we were going to go.

Didn’t Atsu play as the 10 at stoke?

Pretty much. I was sitting pitch side (with Stoke fans, oh joy...) level with the half way line and he and Perez were quite fluid. Atsu often seemed the most advanced player, in the first half an hour or so. They linked-up quite well and we really should have scored a couple early on.

I think he's actually one of the better finishers at the club, along with Perez, which is why I'm disappointed he's not scored more goals.

I wouldn't, he's a decent enough player and gives us a good option on that wing.  Unless we take their eyes out we'd likely end up spending about half what we get for him (if we replace him at all) and getting a player nowhere near as good who's about 9th on our list of transfer targets.

West Ham interested.

Probably not a popular choice, but if the price was right, Id be tempted to sell.

For 25-30M they are welcome to him.

Aye, because 25-30m would help us how much?

Would make us cheque book champions for the bottom 10 scratters

West Ham interested.

Probably not a popular choice, but if the price was right, Id be tempted to sell.

Some people never learn. :lol:

Could play a wedge of Ashley's £50 notes on the wing when Murphy and Ritchie are underperforming or injured.