Christian Atsu (1992–2023)

Kaizero

Said this in the match thread, we have missed him when he was out injured. One of our better players, always looking to make things happen.

:thup:

Also comfortable on the ball and doesn't seem to panic with it when under a bit of pressure.

Think he looks better in this division than in the Championship and hes getting a bit more space to do stuff.

Must be frustrating as a footballer knowing you're going on loan every season and can't settle anywhere for too long

I've said for weeks to my mate that Atsu was a good player he just needed to improve on his decision making. Today it looks like he made all the right decisions and subsequently had a really good, effective game. I hope that's a sign of him improving rather than just the law of averages as I think he could prove himself to genuinely be of PL quality if so.

I'd quite like us to get a defensively sound RB to be honest because I think with him and Yedlin as a RM we'd have a really interesting set of wingers who commit defenders. Against teams like West Ham you could really put them on the back foot and possibly to the sword.

Yedlin would be a pretty shite winger tbh, his dribbling ability is pretty meh so you would be taking away the best thing about him.

If you want a more defensively solid RB that's fine, just realise you'll need a new winger too. There's a reason why Yedlin and players like him are fullbacks, the position allows him to make runs from deep without being picked up which he no longer gets being played as a winger.

That's certainly a fair point you make about running from deep. I just don't really rate Yedlin defensively so for me I think it's where he'd be utilised best. Either that or as a RWB for the reasons you stated but that'd need to be in a 532 /352 style formation.

He has been much better in the prem than champo

TBF to him when he was getting a run in the team towards the end of the season he started to improve. Looking at his career he hasn't really been playing in a settled team for years so can imagine his confidence was shot. Fair play to him though, he is doing well for us and seems like a decent person as well.

He was probably as good a signing you could expect for £6m. Decent mid-level Premier winger who can score the odd goal without ever really scaring anyone. We did well to get him considering our pathetic budget, and he has to go down as one of Rafa's better signings.

Still don’t think he is particularly fast. But he has a decent touch, he’s direct and he commits players to try and tackle him. Apart from Murphy and Yedlin from time to time. He is the only player that does that in the squad.

He was class yesterday. MOTM after Lascelles.

Turn of pace and ability to carry it at speed. Clever movement to get himself space as well, which helps him with the fact his first touch isn't great. He's one of those who you could play with better players and he'd contribute.

Turn of pace and ability to carry it at speed. Clever movement to get himself space as well, which helps him with the fact his first touch isn't great. He's one of those who you could play with better players and he'd contribute.

Agreed. His composure in the move for his goal (our third) was especially impressive. Would have been all too easy to charge forward with all that space but instead he slower things down a bit, waited for the overlap he knew was coming and made himself available unmarked in the center again to put it away without fuss.

Guest Howaythetoon

I've always rated him, he's a goal threat, gives the team a different dimension and causes problems for the opposition. Improve that decision making and with better players around him and there is no reason why he cannot get into double figures a season.

1 trick poney without a f***ing trick. He always cuts inside and every defender knows this, just bring the cross in.

Only runs when he wants too and just f***ing walks with the ball when he has an opportunity to run.

The only quality in the match was his cross that Gayle nearly converted. I get the sentiment but you are chatting 1 trick poney shit.