Christian Atsu (1992–2023)

Kaizero

Shame he's injured. Been one of our best players this season.

Shows that the team is greater than the sum of its parts under Rafa.  I can't really think of a stand out performer bar Merino and Lascelles.  Both have missed games and have been more solid, rather than spectacular.  I don't think Atsu has been particularly impressive at all.  In fact, I don't really rate him.  But when you look at it subjectively, he probably has been one of our better performers.  To me, that just highlights how badly we are lacking decent attacking options. 

Murphy over Aarons for me. Needs a chance now otherwise it may never come. Nothing wrong with Aaron's like and should be at least on the bench, but people perhaps overrate him slightly and forget he has been equally poor in games as he has been good. Still has a lot of work to do, but given one of them has just moved to us for over £10m, I think it's safe to say he needs to be playing games.

That's bollocks that tbh. Even if it was the case (which it isn't), at least he's actually been good in games for us. He's a far more dangerous player than Murphy who's shitting himself against the likes of Swansea, Burnley and Bournemouth. What the fuck would he be like against Man Utd? Get a player on the pitch who actually has the stones to do something 'cos Christ we fucking need it.

Not that Murphy has shown much/anything for us yet, he has barely played, TBF.  But I really feel it is a case of absence makes the heart grow fonder with Aarons.  He isn't that good. 

That said, unless he really has been that awful in training and for the reserves.  Then he should offer similar to Atsu and hopefully more than Murphy. 

Murphy over Aarons for me. Needs a chance now otherwise it may never come. Nothing wrong with Aaron's like and should be at least on the bench, but people perhaps overrate him slightly and forget he has been equally poor in games as he has been good. Still has a lot of work to do, but given one of them has just moved to us for over £10m, I think it's safe to say he needs to be playing games.

That's bollocks that tbh. Even if it was the case (which it isn't), at least he's actually been good in games for us. He's a far more dangerous player than Murphy who's shitting himself against the likes of Swansea, Burnley and Bournemouth. What the f*** would he be like against Man Utd? Get a player on the pitch who actually has the stones to do something 'cos Christ we f***ing need it.

It's not bollocks like, it's perfectly reasonable. You have got your own opinion and I respect it, although I disagree :thup:

I think Murphy will be dangerous given time, and I actually think he has more potential than Aarons from what I've seen of the two play.

• 1 month later...
Guest neesy111

he was weirdly bad first half then really good second

Aye, can't remember him doing anything first half.  He was involved in everything 2nd half.