Christian Atsu (1992–2023)

Kaizero

Definitely one of our more promising players this season.  Needs to get his elbows out when we have free kick in goal scoring areas though

Yeah that free kick was perfectly placed for him to try and float one over the wall. A bit further out then yeah sure Shelvey, Gayle or Ritchie, but from that close in, Atsu has the right technique.

Guest Howaythetoon

Played really well in the first half, but cut a frustrating figure at times as his full-back sat 20 yards further back in the main meaning he either had to do it all himself to beat his man or play it safe backwards and sideways. When he did get in and behind or could beat his man, he caused all kinds of problems.

Guest Howaythetoon

Find him so inconsistent and he rarely has a good 90 mins, West Ham probably being the exception.

Was still much more threatening than Ritchie

That’s wingers for you... especially in Rafa’s system.

Guest Howaythetoon

Townsend did alright in Rafa's system

The way we play today I think he’d struggle or rather would do as well as he did under Rafa back then. He’s much stronger than Atsu on the ball to be fair.

Guest Howaythetoon

He's trash, I don't see how people don't see it.

Disagree, he was a positive force in the first half and one of our better players.

He's incredibly inconsistent which is just a sign of the type of players we attract.

All wingers outside the top seven bar Zaha and Mahrez are basically like that though. Its a position where you're going to do shit things at times but if you're creating a chance or two per game you're doing well

Guest Howaythetoon

Zaha is massively inconsistent whenever I’ve seen him. Although he causes problems pretty much every time I’ve seen him play. Would like him here... but who am I kidding :lol:

He's incredibly inconsistent which is just a sign of the type of players we attract.

All wingers outside the top seven bar Zaha and Mahrez are basically like that though. Its a position where you're going to do s*** things at times but if you're creating a chance or two per game you're doing well

Nah, I'm taking about the basics. I don't mind a winger running at his man and losing it 3 or 4 times. I'm talking about his ability to trap a ball, play a fairly basic pass. He can look like a solid premiership player one week and a championship the next

Zaha is massively inconsistent whenever I’ve seen him. Although he causes problems pretty much every time I’ve seen him play. Would like him here... but who am I kidding :lol:

Aye so he consistently causes problems every game he plays :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

Aye so he consistently causes problems every game he plays :lol:

Nah I meant despite his frustrating performances and lack of consistency, he still does more than most or causes problems. You know what I meant cunt :lol: