Jump to content

Still not worthy of a thread


Recommended Posts

50 minutes ago, 54 said:

I just came across this on Reddit, I don't know if its real or not and could be fake as fuck, but I don't want to do any research, as it amazing. This is apparently the proposed sequel to the Goal movies :lol:

 

  Reveal hidden contents

The writer of this film really went off the rails. In the books that followed the third, he ended up killing the entire Newcastle squad apart from Munez. Then he (Munez) got married and his wife died a few days later after being shot by a goalkeeper Munez scored past in the World Cup as revenge.  Then he marries his teammates widow, who then dies a few months later in a terrorist attack. one of his teammates is suddenly brought back to life, only to die again. His brother is then bullied on the streets of Newcastle, only to then go back to the bullies house and do Heroin. He then died because he was so high, he climbed St. James park (Newcastle's stadium) and fell off the top. 

Munez returns to football, scoring a hat-trick against Real Sociedad in his first game. After going to the doctors, Santi realises his love for Roz's (His dead wife) mother, Carol. Santi's confused mind disgusts everyone around him and the press make fun out of him. He has feelings for her after he saved her from a burning building in Madrid. They get married, however in 2 months, Carol dies in a terrorist attack whilst on work in Chicago. Needing a soulmate, Santi quickly marries Gavin's former girlfriend, but she dies in a skiing accident in Switzerland. This means within eight months, Santi has had three wives, all three marriages ended tragically. Santi then hears of the sudden death of ex-Liverpool star Robbie Fowler, news which shocks English football. 

Buffon the deciceds to live at Munez's house. Munez then trips on the TV remote spilling orange juice over his grandma, Mercedes Muñez. She immediately feels a deep hatred for her beloved grandson and starts beating him to death. Buffon proceeds to kill his grandmother to save him. This was done by kicking a football at her. 

Feeling his life is not worth living, Santi cuts his wrists, resulting in him going to hospital. He is visited by Glen Foy. Whilst leaving the hospital, Glen falls in a hole left by builders whilst doing gas pipes. They failed to put a hazard sign up. Glen is killed instantly. 

Santi signs for Saudi club Al-Fateh FC and appoints Barry Rankin as his agent. He links up with Liam Adams from Goal III but the team are relocated to Damascus, Syria due to political reasons. During an evening meal in a restaurant, there is a bomb blast that kills everyone apart from Santi instantly. He is quickly rushed to hospital. Santi starts dying of his horrific injuries.

 

Right fucking cliffhanger at the end. I’m in.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, 54 said:

I just came across this on Reddit, I don't know if its real or not and could be fake as fuck, but I don't want to do any research, as it amazing. This is apparently the proposed sequel to the Goal movies :lol:

 

  Reveal hidden contents

The writer of this film really went off the rails. In the books that followed the third, he ended up killing the entire Newcastle squad apart from Munez. Then he (Munez) got married and his wife died a few days later after being shot by a goalkeeper Munez scored past in the World Cup as revenge.  Then he marries his teammates widow, who then dies a few months later in a terrorist attack. one of his teammates is suddenly brought back to life, only to die again. His brother is then bullied on the streets of Newcastle, only to then go back to the bullies house and do Heroin. He then died because he was so high, he climbed St. James park (Newcastle's stadium) and fell off the top. 

Munez returns to football, scoring a hat-trick against Real Sociedad in his first game. After going to the doctors, Santi realises his love for Roz's (His dead wife) mother, Carol. Santi's confused mind disgusts everyone around him and the press make fun out of him. He has feelings for her after he saved her from a burning building in Madrid. They get married, however in 2 months, Carol dies in a terrorist attack whilst on work in Chicago. Needing a soulmate, Santi quickly marries Gavin's former girlfriend, but she dies in a skiing accident in Switzerland. This means within eight months, Santi has had three wives, all three marriages ended tragically. Santi then hears of the sudden death of ex-Liverpool star Robbie Fowler, news which shocks English football. 

Buffon the deciceds to live at Munez's house. Munez then trips on the TV remote spilling orange juice over his grandma, Mercedes Muñez. She immediately feels a deep hatred for her beloved grandson and starts beating him to death. Buffon proceeds to kill his grandmother to save him. This was done by kicking a football at her. 

Feeling his life is not worth living, Santi cuts his wrists, resulting in him going to hospital. He is visited by Glen Foy. Whilst leaving the hospital, Glen falls in a hole left by builders whilst doing gas pipes. They failed to put a hazard sign up. Glen is killed instantly. 

Santi signs for Saudi club Al-Fateh FC and appoints Barry Rankin as his agent. He links up with Liam Adams from Goal III but the team are relocated to Damascus, Syria due to political reasons. During an evening meal in a restaurant, there is a bomb blast that kills everyone apart from Santi instantly. He is quickly rushed to hospital. Santi starts dying of his horrific injuries.

 

You... You... you don't... know... if that's... real... or not...? Please tell me you're wooshing me. Please, for the love of god, please. You read it, right? :lol: 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Robbie Fowler :lol:

 

Santiago himself has actually written a script for a fourth Goal

https://www.sportbible.com/football/news-santiago-munez-actor-kuno-becker-has-written-a-script-for-goal-4-20200507

 

"I actually wrote a script for Goal 4. My associates, my partners in production company, think it's great," Becker told SPORTbible.

"I didn't write it myself, I wrote it with writers and with a professional structure. It's a story that makes justice to the other two because the third one is just bad and had no direction.

"I wrote the Goal 4 movie because I think it's a beautiful story. It picks up Santi as a trainer and it's a life lesson about failure and success. I think it's very moving and so do the people around me that I worked with.

"But they're still thinking about money [regarding the rights] - which is the wrong way to think in a movie. You've got to trust each other and if it's successful, everything else comes as a result.

"I wrote it and I took my time with it because I felt the third one was such a disappointment. I'm not going to fight with my life to do it, I may try again but I already tried.

"There's people with the rights who are like, 'If I don't receive this amount of money'. If you're thinking like that, f**k it I'll just write another movie and make something else.

"I think the worldwide audience that the first two movies have, they need some closure of the story and it would be nice to see what happened with the characters but with a good story that has something to say and respects the first two.

"The script that I wrote for Goal 4 is actually very commercial but it has a lot of feeling and a lot of heart - which is what I think made the first one work so well. I may try again but I'm not going to keep trying all my life.

"At the end of the day I would love to do it but I'm not going to be begging these a**holes to do something they don't want to do."

 

"It's a piece of sh*t, that's what it is," he stated.

"It's a bad movie, it's a disgrace and they did a horrible job in every single way. They blew it.

"I don't like to talk badly about people but I'm honest and I've got to be honest. People have seen it and it's a piece of sh*t.

"It's bad because the first two are good movies - the second one is great and the first one works incredibly. The third one is bad, they wanted to do everything cheaper and they just went crazy. They thought because it was the third one, it was the sequel, people were going to watch it.

"People want to watch a good story and they demand what they are paying for is worth something. If it isn't, it just goes to the switch and it doesn't work, which is what happened.

"The third is a total disrespect for the first two. It's like it's not even there, it's negative for the franchise."

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kaizero said:

You... You... you don't... know... if that's... real... or not...? Please tell me you're wooshing me. Please, for the love of god, please. You read it, right? :lol: 

Of course I am :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Did anyone else really like the first Goal? Remember just being proud as punch that this 'big' film was entirely centred around Newcastle. Feel like it wasn't a bad movie either. By-the-numbers stuff but still decent. Also Anna Friel. :smitten:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

£2 billion for a shit squad with sky high wages and a stadium with pink seats.

 

He could buy us for less than a quarter of that [emoji38]

 

 

Edited by toon25

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, toon25 said:

£2 billion for a shit squad with sky high wages and a stadium with pink seats.

 

He could buy us for less than a quarter of that [emoji38]

He's an Arsenal supporter though so would make less sense for him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/06/2021 at 03:30, Yorkie said:

Did anyone else really like the first Goal? Remember just being proud as punch that this 'big' film was entirely centred around Newcastle. Feel like it wasn't a bad movie either. By-the-numbers stuff but still decent. Also Anna Friel. :smitten:

It was decent as football movies go, so I enjoyed it given all the Newcastle stuff. Remember there was something a bit depressing about it all being the season Bobby got sacked. We were shit when it came out, and it obviously been planned when we were a top 4 club.

 

My girlfriend - Mexican-American, from LA - isn't that into football but she knew the film and says the lads in her school (Mexican, so most into football) were obsessed with the film when it came out. It also got mentioned to me a few times when I was in Chile and said I was from Newcastle.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Inferior Acuña said:

It was decent as football movies go, so I enjoyed it given all the Newcastle stuff. Remember there was something a bit depressing about it all being the season Bobby got sacked. We were shit when it came out, and it obviously been planned when we were a top 4 club.

 

My girlfriend - Mexican-American, from LA - isn't that into football but she knew the film and says the lads in her school (Mexican, so most into football) were obsessed with the film when it came out. It also got mentioned to me a few times when I was in Chile and said I was from Newcastle.


Still baffling they didn’t get someone with a hint of footballing ability to play the main part, not an actual footballer but an actor who actually knows how to properly kick a football. The film’s football footage was the thing that really let it down

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Inferior Acuña said:

It was decent as football movies go, so I enjoyed it given all the Newcastle stuff. Remember there was something a bit depressing about it all being the season Bobby got sacked. We were shit when it came out, and it obviously been planned when we were a top 4 club.

 

My girlfriend - Mexican-American, from LA - isn't that into football but she knew the film and says the lads in her school (Mexican, so most into football) were obsessed with the film when it came out. It also got mentioned to me a few times when I was in Chile and said I was from Newcastle.


Mind the original Santiago (the one who was presented to the crowd when the film was first announced) and was replaced due to a scheduling conflict (I think) hasn’t done too bad for himself in his acting career- Diego Luna

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Holmesy said:


Still baffling they didn’t get someone with a hint of footballing ability to play the main part, not an actual footballer but an actor who actually knows how to properly kick a football. The film’s football footage was the thing that really let it down


See my post above, the original actor signed up is quite a big name now. 

 

 

Edited by et tu brute

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, et tu brute said:


Mind the original Santiago (the one who was presented to the crowd when the film was first announced) and was replaced due to a scheduling conflict (I think) hasn’t done too bad for himself in his acting career- Diego Luna

 

No way, that was Diego Luna?! I mean aye he's one of Mexico's two biggest actorsMy gf will be buzzing when I tell her I've seen him in flesh. For those who don't know he's one of the main guys in Star Wars Rogue One and getting his own series soon, and in Y Tu Mama Tambien amongst numerous others.

 

Incidentally Luna has a British mother who died when he was young. 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Inferior Acuña

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Inferior Acuña said:

 

No way, that was Diego Luna?! I mean aye he's one of Mexico's two biggest actorsMy gf will be buzzing when I tell her I've seen him in flesh. For those who don't know he's one of the main guys in Star Wars Rogue One and getting his own series soon, and in Y Tu Mama Tambien amongst numerous others.

 

Incidentally Luna has a British mother who died when he was young. 

 

 


He’s in Narcos Mexico also. Search Diego Luna Newcastle and there’s a few images including him on the pitch.

 

 

 

Edited by et tu brute

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

Did they use a real crowd for the goal filming? If so was it done pre match before we had an actual game? 

Didn't they just take clips from live games?

Seem to remember one in the film being Robert scoring a free kick against Liverpool

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...