Brighton & Hove Albion vs Newcastle United - Tue 28th Feb @ 7.45pm (live on Sky)

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'd be canny pissed off if Mitrovic starts this one like.

I've been one of his biggest backers in his time here but he's wasted so many chances he's been given this season, got to give Murphy another go.

What a time to be without Hayden and Gayle ( boo!). However, we play better against better teams (... I choose to believe). Result? Fuck knows, really, but unless we play with more confidence/aggression and cut out defensive (and striking) errors we will lose against these and Huddersfield.

I'd be canny p*ssed off if Mitrovic starts this one like.

I've been one of his biggest backers in his time here but he's wasted so many chances he's been given this season, got to give Murphy another go.

:thup: I'd give Murphy a start. Scored quite a lot of goals vs Brighton at their place as well, so hopefully that's a good omen.

I'd be canny p*ssed off if Mitrovic starts this one like.

:thup: I'd give Murphy a start. Scored quite a lot of goals vs Brighton at their place as well, so hopefully that's a good omen.

I think I'd rather bet on Murphy's experience at this point in time of this division and probably him truly grasping the thought that he has to bury his chance if and when he gets it.

Rafa's MO, keep it tight, hope to nick one and hang on.

0 - 1.

I'll be happy to go with that MO tomorrow. Our strikers can't find the net and the defence is handing out goals like sweets on Halloween. If we go too expansive someone like Knockaert will kill us on the counter. Give nothing away, keep our shape and hopefully we'll take one of our chances when they come. Fuck the performance.

Brighton have really picked up over there last couple of games, when it was looking like the might collapse like last season again. Gonna be tougher than it was say a week or so ago, still hopeful though but need the players to play at a much higher level than they have been.

Baldock and Knockaert both need watching and we need to be at our best to win it. Our record isn't very good at Brighton and I think we all know why that is, he's currently looking for another job.

I think Hughton might try and play a safe game and that could hand us some initiative. I don't think we'll start as badly as we have recently and I think we'll get at least a point if Rafa goes for it and drops the players who have been letting us down.

Colback has to be dropped and I think he will be because he was pathetic on Saturday, Rafa gave him a chance at the start of the second half and then took him off when he could see he was still shite.

Lascelles would go for me, Rafa might give him another chance after he was supposed to have gone a bit daft with other players at half time. I'm not sure how he had the bottle to do that after his performance but he seems to have got a reaction. If we have Hanley in for Lascelles we might get done at the back for pace so he would be a risk. Reading weren't as bad as the scoreline suggested on Saturday, they were beaten by pace and movement so we should expect to face the same.

Perez wasn't too bad against Norwich and he might be feeling a bit of pressure when playing at home, I still can't see him starting.

Mitrovic is offering nothing, I wonder if he's confidence has gone because he seems to give away free kick after free kick for things that others get away with. He's had opposition players crawling all over his back and penalised when doing nothing wrong.

We've got no legs in the side apart from Yedlin maybe, I really think Atsu has to play just give us a counter attacking threat. If we go Murphy/Ritchie/Gouff/Diame/Shelvey/Diame, which I'm expecting, we'll be penned in our own half with no out ball.

Not really looking forward to this.

We've got no legs in the side apart from Yedlin maybe, I really think Atsu has to play just give us a counter attacking threat. If we go Murphy/Ritchie/Gouff/Diame/Shelvey/Diame, which I'm expecting, we'll be penned in our own half with no out ball.

Atsu and Yedlin are ideal players if we're going to look for quick breaks and they'll give Shelvey something to aim at. The only problem is if we do that we're unlikely to have anybody in the middle to get on the end of deliveries if we're coming from deep.

I must be super excited for this short coach journey in the morning with still being awake now! I can't say I'm excited about work at 7.30am on Wednesday mind! Ha ha!

I'd play Gouff up top as at least he's mobile and offers movement but I suspect Rafa will use him to help Dummett vs Knockaert! Murphy has to start over Mitro!

Brighton have really picked up over there last couple of games, when it was looking like the might collapse like last season again. Gonna be tougher than it was say a week or so ago, still hopeful though but need the players to play at a much higher level than they have been.

Baldock and Knockaert both need watching and we need to be at our best to win it. Our record isn't very good at Brighton and I think we all know why that is, he's currently looking for another job.

I think Hughton might try and play a safe game and that could hand us some initiative. I don't think we'll start as badly as we have recently and I think we'll get at least a point if Rafa goes for it and drops the players who have been letting us down.

Colback has to be dropped and I think he will be because he was pathetic on Saturday, Rafa gave him a chance at the start of the second half and then took him off when he could see he was still s****.

Lascelles would go for me, Rafa might give him another chance after he was supposed to have gone a bit daft with other players at half time. I'm not sure how he had the bottle to do that after his performance but he seems to have got a reaction. If we have Hanley in for Lascelles we might get done at the back for pace so he would be a risk. Reading weren't as bad as the scoreline suggested on Saturday, they were beaten by pace and movement so we should expect to face the same.

Perez wasn't too bad against Norwich and he might be feeling a bit of pressure when playing at home, I still can't see him starting.

Mitrovic is offering nothing, I wonder if he's confidence has gone because he seems to give away free kick after free kick for things that others get away with. He's had opposition players crawling all over his back and penalised when doing nothing wrong.

Much I agree with, Mick, but 'pace and movement' is something we have lacked for a few years now and it has been little different for most of this season - we need vast improvement if we are to nullify theirs and impose ourselves on the game but if players like Colback are in the side we can forget that improvement. It's a real pity that Hayden isn't available, perhaps as much a miss as Gayle because he is a better midfielder than Colback and offers more variety in an attacking sense. I have real concerns about Dummet facing Knockaert - he is a candidate for an early booking and then a possible sending off because they will certainly target him. Lascelles seems to have lost confidence and why Rafa has kept Mbemba out for so long is a mystery to me - OK, he had a poor game v Wolves at SJP but he was a decent CD in the PL last season. Hanley lacks pace so he would be a last resort against Baldock etc.

It could be a tough night....

Be surprised if we play two Diames like.

Bricking it for this one - away to a better team without our star striker but with a dodgy referee.

Only hope is that we'll actually take this opponent seriously, bringing concentration and a serious game plan. Players will have been thinking of these games for a while.

Going to be optimistic and go for another 2-2.

Don't agree with all the Mitrovic hate.  Yes his finishing is shit, but nobody else can hold the ball up front and bring others into play.  That's not always what you need, but it will be in this game.  We just need to get the right players around him to feed off the knock downs and lay offs.