Brighton & Hove Albion vs Newcastle United - Tue 28th Feb @ 7.45pm (live on Sky)

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If Colback, Perez and Gouffran play we will be beaten comfortably.

Have we ever been "beaten comfortably" under Rafa?

Southampton away back in the PL and Wolves at home this season. Both teams didn't have to be outstanding to beat us in those games, however. Wolves at home this season was the worst home performance this season, by far.

This is the type of game where Rafa's methods work best.

0-1 win.

I'd wholeheartedly go with this if Gayle was fit to start. The team keeps its shape far better with him on the field in addition to the obvious added threat of grabbing a goal against the run of play.

Avoid defeat would be my priority. We've got another 2 games coming up and for me, Huddersfield is the must-win game out of the 3. Would not want to go into that game after a bumming here. Confidence will be low. Likewise, a big win would just make the players complacent and over-confident and they'll crash back down to earth. They should go into this game with a 'get the job done' mentality and that job should be to avoid defeat.

We'll have plenty of other chances to overtake them again and they might slip up again but this game isn't a priority to beat them.

Be interesting to see how Hughton approaches this. Brighton normally only play 2 in midfield which should, in theory, give either Shelvey or the number 10 (probably Diame) more space to operate and allow us to dominate. Baldock is in good form and Murray is their top scorer so it'd be a bold call to drop one and match us man-for-man in the middle.

Really hope Lascelles and Darlow get their fucking acts together mind. Can't afford to give sides like Brighton gimmies.

Referee's hopeless and a Huddersfield Town fan

Incredible that he's allowed to referee this match.

I see he made (yet another) cock up yesterday in the Palace game and booked someone for diving yet it was a clear pen.

Agreed. It's not asking much for the referee to be impartial and with no vested interest in the outcome of the game. It's a joke to be frank and I really hope it doesn't bite us in the arse.

you know it will

You'd have to expect at least a yellow for Ritchie and maybe a red for Shelvey, thereby ruling them out of Saturday's game v Huddersfield. Shocking that they couldn't find a better appointment for this one. Would rather a championship ref than one off the prem list with a vested interest.

How has it got to the stage where we're playing three away games in 7 days in opposite ends of the country by the way, totally apropos of the fact that we're playing 3 out of the current top 5? It's horrific scheduling, and no-one else seems to have been shafted by it quite to the same extent as us.