The other games today 2017/18

Greg

I just can't get my head around a team in and among Chelsea, Man City, Spurs, Man United and Liverpool winning the FA Cup against the team who won the league and thinking 'bad season, sack the manager'

I know it's not as simple as that, but fucking hell man, surely there's a limit to what expectations can realistically expect?

Hope he walks and they get Big Alan. Let them know pain.

Chelsea already champions they thought they'd made it & stopped trying. Next season don't be surprised if they produce a 15/16 style title defense collapse.

:thup:

I just can't get my head around a team in and among Chelsea, Man City, Spurs, Man United and Liverpool winning the FA Cup against the team who won the league and thinking 'bad season, sack the manager'

I know it's not as simple as that, but f***ing hell man, surely there's a limit to what expectations can realistically expect?

It's not about this season, it's been obvious for years now that he's getting worse as a manager. He hasn't been fit for purpose for 3 years now( i personally started noticing it when he just signed Ozil and put him on the wing to fit in Wilshere :lol: ), it's no coincidence that they have been buying higher standard of player over the last 3 years and spending more but getting worse.

The manager just isn't as good anymore, when you compare him to his counterparts in 2017 he consistently gets outcoached. This all sounds very stupid but the FA Cup wins are consistently papering over the cracks, it will be the same again next year and people who actually support the club will want him gone ( rightly so) and others will refer to how he's a legend and still winning FA cups etc etc.

I'm absolutely convinced if they someone similar to Pochettino or Klopp, the players would be performing to a much higher standard. I don't particularly think Liverpool or Tottenham have much better players they are just better coached.

I know it's hard because he is a legend, but there comes a time where everyone has to move on otherwise you become what the Milan teams have become.

It's possible they might make a stupid decision with regards to his replacement, like Man Yoo did or like we have many times. But you can't live in fear of possibly failing, we are living proof of that.

Guest firetotheworks

I know it's not as simple as that, but f***ing hell man, surely there's a limit to what expectations can realistically expect?

It's not about this season, it's been obvious for years now that he's getting worse as a manager. He hasn't been fit for purpose for 3 years now( i personally started noticing it when he just signed Ozil and put him on the wing to fit in Wilshere [emoji38] ), it's no coincidence that they have been buying higher standard of player over the last 3 years and spending more but getting worse.

The manager just isn't as good anymore, when you compare him to his counterparts in 2017 he consistently gets outcoached. This all sounds very stupid but the FA Cup wins are consistently papering over the cracks, it will be the same again next year and people who actually support the club will want him gone ( rightly so) and others will refer to how he's a legend and still winning FA cups etc etc.

I know it's hard because he is a legend, but there comes a time where everyone has to move on otherwise you become what the Milan teams have become.

It's possible they might make a stupid decision with regards to his replacement, like Man Yoo did or like we have many times. But you can't live in fear of possibly failing, we are living proof of that.

Bollocks. All of it. He's a fantastic manager, always has been, always will be. As a buyer of players he's not good enough and has needed to change his spending habits for ages, but in terms of winning trophies, getting Champions League football and player beautiful football, he's been the best there is in the Premier League in terms of consistency.

As for the higher spending point, they've spent more because player fees have gone up massively, just like everyone else. Arsenal are the best bang for your buck team in the league considering they have only one or two world class players and the others bar Liverpool have much more than that.

I don't disagree that it might be time to go, but for me it's his stubbornness to buying established world class players that's the issue, not his ability as a manager. For me that's not in question and never has been.

Chelsea already champions they thought they'd made it & stopped trying. Next season don't be surprised if they produce a 15/16 style title defense collapse.

Don't be ridiculous man, Conte will not let that happen.

I highly enjoy and support Wenger, but he has full control at Arsenal and has overseen a continual regression that has lasted more than a decade. He has to answer for this. Arsenal are a huge club in one of the world's premier cities with an incredible worldwide following. There is no reason they cannot expect more.

That was a fantastic final, for a change. Both teams just attacking constantly, it was great to watch. Was convinced Arsenal would be punished for all the misses but scoring so soon after the equaliser was fucking hilarious. Moses, what a tosser. [emoji38]

Actually wondering now if winning something might actually mean Wenger decide to leave. Go out on a high etc.

I highly enjoy and support Wenger, but he has full control at Arsenal and has overseen a continual regression that has lasted more than a decade. He has to answer for this. Arsenal are a huge club in one of the world's premier cities with an incredible worldwide following. There is no reason they cannot expect more.

Arsenal haven't regressed at all, like. It would be reasonable to say they haven't progressed, but in no way have they regressed, certainly not until this season anyway.

Bollocks. All of it. He's a fantastic manager, always has been, always will be. As a buyer of players he's not good enough and has needed to change his spending habits for ages, but in terms of winning trophies, getting Champions League football and player beautiful football, he's been the best there is in the Premier League in terms of consistency.

As for the higher spending point, they've spent more because player fees have gone up massively, just like everyone else. Arsenal are the best bang for your buck team in the league considering they have only one or two world class players and the others bar Liverpool have much more than that.

I don't disagree that it might be time to go, but for me it's his stubbornness to buying established world class players that's the issue, not his ability as a manager. For me that's not in question and never has been.

I never said he wasn't a fantastic manager :lol:

Are people incapable of detaching their emotional attachment to the man or something? in 2017 he's just not as good as the best coaches in the world anymore, that's a fact which has been proven again and again. I mean he used to get top 4 with scrubs like Denilson, Senderos, Andre Santos etc etc :lol: He's clearly not as good as he once was, whether you like it or not.

He used to be a manager who would consistently get performances from players who had no right performing like they did, now he struggles to get the best out of them compared to his peers.  There's nothing wrong with this, Ferguson wasn't the best manager in the world towards the end of his career in that moment. Age causes your performance to diminish and it happens to everyone.

I don't know why people refuse to see the mounting evidence that has piled up over the last few years against him, over many 38 game seasons. That doesn't mean you don't respect him and consider him a legend as the two things are not mutually exclusive.

But at the same time you honestly realise that in 2017 he's below his peers, that is possible to do very easily. I will accept that was probably a bad day for me to bring this up mind. :lol:

To basically put in black and white, Wenger of mid 2000s would have had this team challenging Chelsea for the league and probably beating them and he certainly would not let Klopp and Pochettino consistently outshine him and in Klopp's case with irrefutably worse level of talent.

That's not to say he's shite now or anything, but if you want to compete for the league he's not good enough and those who actually pay attention over a whole season will see that pretty easily.

That was a fantastic final, for a change. Both teams just attacking constantly, it was great to watch. Was convinced Arsenal would be punished for all the misses but scoring so soon after the equaliser was fucking hilarious. Moses, what a tosser. [emoji38]

Actually wondering now if winning something might actually mean Wenger decide to leave. Go out on a high etc.

He won't but he should. I think the whole country needs to see what Arsenal can do with a different manager. I used to hate Arsenal with a passion before Wenger, it would be nice to get back to that.

Arsenal haven't regressed at all, like. It would be reasonable to say they haven't progressed, but in no way have they regressed, certainly not until this season anyway.

Are you joking? They've gone from perennially challenging in the league and even reaching the CL final to having 4th and the FA Cup as the aim come every April. They've regressed.