Tammy Abraham joins Swansea

Figures 1-0 Football

So is Caulkin actually never wrong? Who was it a few years ago year that kept saying we would get Austin?

Also what happened to that bird with the cans on Twitter that became an ITK

That was Simon Bird, who then subsequently blocked anyone on twitter who called him up on it.

So is Caulkin actually never wrong? Who was it a few years ago year that kept saying we would get Austin?

Also what happened to that bird with the cans on Twitter that became an ITK

That was Simon Bird, who then subsequently blocked anyone on twitter who called him up on it.

Kinnear was right all along

The London press love the whole "he doesn't want to move North", story like. I doubt it's much of a factor. It's an hour by plane and 3 or so by train, hardly far.

London Evening Standard now saying he doesn't want to move North.

Easily fixed get George Osbourne to stand at the end of his bed in the middle of the night and whisper 'Northern Powerhouse' over and over.

If he's not willing to move north to work for one solitary season with Rafa then fuck him not the kind of character we need. However I suspect dubious sources.

It would throw a question mark over his character in general tbh. Some players don't like the limelight of a big club and generally they wouldn't be a good fit anyway. But let's see.

I think the 'too far north' line is an easy one to use, especially for the southern press.

Its not like we have a squad full of northerners... we have a few other young southern born players here who have settled fine, and could/would help Abraham settle.

Would be disappointed if that is a real reason for any doubt the players has, especially in this day/age.

Chronicle now saying that Chelsea won't sanction the loan until Abraham signs a contract extension.

He wants £45k pw

Thought that was reported at the very beginning anyway?

Don't think it kills the deal but explains the delay

Dont understand why we should loan this guy if we dont get an option to buy him at the end of the loan.

Abraham is a big talent but untested at this level and doesn't seem to want to be here long term.

Would like us to sign a good striker to build the team around. One who is interested to stay for the long term.

Someone like Batshuayi or Bony if they are up to it.

Because we've only got a certain amount of money and need a lot of players.  It may take a couple of seasons to buy all the players we actually need right now.  So instead we'll loan a couple, leaving more cash to spend on the remaining areas we need to cover.  Then the following season (hopefully) we'd buy players to replace the loans.

Because we've only got a certain amount of money and need a lot of players.  It may take a couple of seasons to buy all the players we actually need right now.  So instead we'll loan a couple, leaving more cash to spend on the remaining areas we need to cover.  Then the following season (hopefully) we'd buy players to replace the loans.

What I mean is that if we should loan a player (I realise it's a good option moneywise to loan) I think we must have the option to buy.

Say that Abraham becomes a big success and than we dont have a chance of signing him next season.

Then we are back to squere one needing to find a new striker next season.