Jacob Murphy

Guest palnese

21, bags of potential. I find it astonishing that football fans in general can write players off so early.

If you accept that football fans are, generally, morons, it becomes much less astonishing.

:lol:

He showed some promise yesterday which has to be a positive. I'm still convinced confidence is the biggest issue with him at the moment. Morons messaging him on twitter with abuse won't help.

What I liked about him, was his willingness to have a go and carry the ball from deep. We got a lot of joy down his flank and Yedlin and him combined fairly well. He worked hard coming back, as well. Got his head down a bit at times and a couple of pointless shots. But a solid game, I thought.

If he can build on that. He could be a more useful player for us than Atsu, who I don’t particularly rate.

What I liked about him, was his willingness to have a go and carry the ball from deep. We got a lot of joy down his flank and Yedlin and him combined fairly well. He worked hard coming back, as well. Got his head down a bit at times and a couple of pointless shots. But a solid game, I thought.

If he can build on that. He could be a more useful player for us than Atsu, who I don’t particularly rate.

Agreed.

For most of us - prior to yesterday we would have seen nothing positive from his play so far. Now we can see there's a player with some potential in there. Can shoot. Can actually beat a man. I don't think Atsu and Ritchie have enough threat from open play. In open play both will struggle fro goals and assists.

A lot of positives despite details that need worked on, which will also come together when confidence is gained. Having said that, this is why he starts ahead of Aarons despite all the I know better fans.

A lot of positives despite details that need worked on, which will also come together when confidence is gained. Having said that, this is why he starts ahead of Aarons despite all the I know better fans.

The fans don't see training and haven't seen him play for Norwich. It's only normal they'll call for the lad they've actually seen perform.

The fans don't see training and haven't seen him play for Norwich. It's only normal they'll call for the lad they've actually seen perform.

Despite knowing that the other option hasn't even shone at U23 level?

They should be trusting the world class manager we've got. Or at least listen to him when he tells fans not to abuse players all the time. But they know better than Rafa of course  :lol:

They should be trusting the world class manager we've got. Or at least listen to him when he tells fans not to abuse players all the time. But they know better than Rafa of course  :lol:

Maybe i've missed this.

People are entitled to their opinions which based on what they've seen - makes sense. I don't think anyone in their right mind doubts Rafa but they are allowed independent thoughts.

Maybe i've missed this.

People are entitled to their opinions which based on what they've seen - makes sense. I don't think anyone in their right mind doubts Rafa but they are allowed independent thoughts.

Oh yeah theres nothing wrong with differing opinions, not trying to get at anyone who has a different view on things.

We do have a sizeable number of idiots who like to go overboard though, and Rafa has had to repeatedly point this out.

Guest Howaythetoon

I thought he showed lots of promise and lots of effort. He showed good pace, quick feet and strength on the ball and he was a goal threat. His decision making was poor at times, but after the criticism of his last outing, he was much improved.

Guest Howaythetoon

Interetesing that yesterday was his first league start in an away game against one of the best teams in the league, but also his most promising performance. It’s almost like players shouldn’t be judged or discredited based on 5-10 minute substitute appearances, how weird.

Playing right side and with the support of Yedlin on that flank helped him massively. He stretched them, got in behind and was a goal threat. Poor shooting and selective decision making aside, he did very well. Interestingly, he lost the ball quite weakly in his own half and ran back, chased his man, and put in a decisive block. Something he didn't quite do in his last outing for us hence the cat calls from the stands. I always say if you lose the ball in a challenge go and try and get it back or stop your man. If you make a mistake, atone for it. Put the effort in off the ball basically.