Jacob Murphy

Guest palnese

On 17/05/2022 at 22:53, polkaDot said:

I can't help but like Murphy, think he thought he was passing that chance yesterday to someone other than Fraser and wasn't expecting it back. It just hasn't quite clicked for him but there has been moments, unlike that total waste of space Obertan, what a donkey that bloke was. 

I agree. Murphy can be frustrating but you never wonder if he's out there. Guy doesn't go missing and always manages to get into threatening positions even if he doesn't always capitalise. A lot of times it disorganises the other team's defence and we end up with a chance due to that alone.

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I agree. Murphy can be frustrating but you never wonder if he's out there. Guy doesn't go missing and always manages to get into threatening positions even if he doesn't always capitalise. A lot of times it disorganises the other team's defence and we end up with a chance due to that alone.

I said the same in the match thread. If nothing else he showed up and didn't hide. I wouldn't say he was the worst player tonight.

Guest HTT II

He carries a genuine attacking threat, he’s dangerous to the opposition, but his final ball and poor shooting technique lets him down. I like him tough, but he’s not good enough and never will be. He’d tear it up in the Championship!

If we make a signing he won't make the 25. He has no end product, poor composure, yesterday his passing and control were atrocious. He does well at times when moving us up the pitch, but usually fails when it comes to releasing the ball (there was an opportunity with Fraser yesterday where he just got it totally wrong).

• 4 weeks later...