Jacob Murphy

Guest palnese

3 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Pointless to post this every time he plays I guess, but we have to get rid of him.

Totally agree.  Every time he comes on I let out the loudest groan, with some bad language.

4 hours ago, Wolfcastle said:

Don't think he'd a pro if it wasnt for his pace.

Though at least that's a virtue I suppose. Bringing him on against tired legs. Never seems to pan out that way though.

The sad thing is he doesn't even make the most of his pace the majority of the time.

Unless he is played in behind with the perfect ball to run onto he doesn't really showcase it to any good effect.

He's utterly clueless defensively, has no idea about positioning, tracking runners and left that flank very exposed. He offers nowt going forward either and I agree with you all about him not knowing how to use his pace. He should watch prime Aaron Lennon. He wasn't about tricks and footwork. He just was faster and knew how to use it.

Just now, La Parka said:

He's utterly clueless defensively, has no idea about positioning, tracking runners and left that flank very exposed. He offers nowt going forward either and I agree with you all about him not knowing how to use his pace. He should watch prime Aaron Lennon. He wasn't about tricks and footwork. He just was faster and knew how to use it.

Exactly. He should be a very direct runner with the ball and get the ball from out under his feet. He has bags of pace.

He just has no idea what he's doing with it, which is quite frankly astonishing really.

1 minute ago, Newcastle Fan said:

Still pisses me off that for all his aimless running, when he finally did have the ball and a proper chance to run at them he panicked, slowed down and lost the ball.

Just hoof it 10-15 yards ahead and burn them. He'd gain so many fouls as nee fucker could keep up with him. 

I swear there was a period where he was half alright at wing-back, but he has been horrendous every time he has come on so far this season, everytime he got the ball yesterday he just ran into their defense, and gave possession away cheaply, he has pace, but has no idea how to utilise it. Its infuriating. 

1 minute ago, alexf said:

Yeah was shocking. Up against Milner and Firmino with fresh legs. Just run, you have pace. But no, he's the least confident player I've ever seen.

It doesn't matter if he runs though, his decision making at the end of the run is catastrophic. He'd lose the ball doing something shit and we'd be on the back foot. Having him on the field is completely counter-productive