Jacob Murphy

Guest palnese

Guest reefatoon
Just now, HTT II said:

How many times has he hit the post since he come here? That’s a goal threat no? He just can’t seem to finish.

If he can't finish then that is not a goal threat. Never looks like scoring (and never does). His finishing is atrocious.

Guest reefatoon
Just now, HTT II said:

Alreet then, he’s a nearly, maybe, could be goal threat. 

Think he only looked half decent (well remotely acceptable in some games) was when they moved him as far away from goal as possible and hoyed him wing back.

37 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

Not in a million years was Obertan better for us than Murphy, as mediocre as the latter is. Obertan really was the pits. Worst player I’ve seen play for us in my time following the club, even behind the likes of Riviere, Ramage, etc.

For the amount of games he got Obertan was unbearably bad. It was made worse by the fact that his pace afforded him loads of opportunities but his footballing ability was non-existent so almost everything came to nothing 

On 25/08/2022 at 16:52, Tsunami said:

Still think there’s a player in there somewhere but he needs a run of games at a Championship club. And then be sold, he can have a good career somewhere. His end product hasn’t improved.

I think there's a championship player in there, but no more. He might have had a chance when we signed him but that's gone.

Skill, flair and intelligence nowhere near good enough for this level

Top 10 championship player. Wish him well being a Newcastle fan but in the needs shifted ASAP category with a few others from Rafa's time. 

Edited by Amir_9

i want him to leave because I don't want to criticise him. He's a decent lad, but he's treading water.

Willock worries me, that he's going the same way, but he's young enough that Howe can refocus him.

Edited by Happinesstan

Did he not do alright on loan to Shef Wed?

The drop to the Championship is huge and pacy wingers who are technically sound can do well there. His shortcomings seem to be mostly mental too, he gets time on the ball and seems to overthink things, he doesn't have the natural instinct to just play a weighted pass to a teammate in a better position, he'll look up, see three players asking for the ball and start to visually compute where he needs to put it, fucks up his calculations and gives it straight to a defender.

12 hours ago, JumpersForGoalposts said:

Top 10 Champo? I think that's being very generous. 

He's an attacking player who can't shoot, pass or cross. He's as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike. At least some lower league cloggers bring energy or disruption, despite having no quality.

He did really well on loan at Sheffield Wednesday when we sent him out in 2019/20. Looking at his career, he really has been a perennial loanee until the last couple of years. 4 goals in nearly 100 games for a largely forward focused player is pure dross.

1E171F7A-5E3B-45FA-AE63-B9A496E483B9.png

In so many podcasts and nufc related shows during this summer i've heard people saying that "Murphy can do a job for us". Many suggested that we should keep him as a back up rather than Miggy if we were to sign more wingers. Thats absolutely crazy, Murphy is by far the worst player who gets minutes for us. He has no attributes what so ever to do any kind of job. Seems to be a good lad etc. so not hating him and i dont want to be negative..but sooner he goes the better.

Murphy has got a decent strike on him, to be fair. Unfortunately, he's always aiming for the fucking post.

I think he's got worse. I'm usually fairly relaxed about player performances early on the season but he was also absolutely shite in preseason. Just consistently makes the worst decisions.

Naturally with an improving team that is getting rid of the mediocrity it’s a sliding scale, so he’s now in Clark and Gayle territory whereas he was passable this time last year as there were bigger priorities.

Him, Ritchie, Dummett, Darlow and Shortstaff are the next on the chopping block.