Javier Manquillo (now playing for Celta de Vigo)

Parsley

Speaking about his move, Manquillo said: "I'm very happy to be here. From the first moment that Rafa Benítez called me, I just knew that I had to come here, to such a big club.

"I'm very happy with the challenge ahead.

"I've come here to work hard and give everything on and off the pitch. Hopefully then everything will go in the right direction."

Manager Benítez added: "Like Jacob Murphy, Manquillo is another young player. He can play both sides of the defence and he has a lot of motivation because he knows he has a point to prove.

"He can still improve but he has played for Spain at under-21 level and that is because he is a good player, so hopefully he will show that form here."

Not keen on this transfer at all. He's been poor when I've seen him play and a Sunderland supporting mate said he's one of the first to down tools when things aren't going well. That said...

Every player deserves a clean slate when signing for us so I hope it works out for him here.

Not keen on this transfer at all. He's been poor when I've seen him play and a Sunderland supporting mate said he's one of the first to down tools when things aren't going well. That said...

Every player deserves a clean slate when signing for us so I hope it works out for him here.

I'm surprised the Sunderland players hadn't buried their tools in their own hearts TBF.