Javier Manquillo (now playing for Celta de Vigo)

Parsley

So we release the contract length for Javier but keep quiet on Jacob?  :fool:

I thought they said it was a 5 year deal for Murphy?

Yes they did.

Link? Last i read via The mail "Neither club has disclosed the fee nor the length of contract for Murphy, 22, who enjoyed his breakthrough season at Norwich last season."

Not keen on this transfer at all. He's been poor when I've seen him play and a Sunderland supporting mate said he's one of the first to down tools when things aren't going well. That said...

Every player deserves a clean slate when signing for us so I hope it works out for him here.

I'm surprised the Sunderland players hadn't buried their tools in their own hearts TBF.

Precisely. I'd question the judgement of any player who actually enjoyed playing for Sunderland. He's happy to move a few miles to a civilised culture, and I think having a Spanish boss who gets the city will make a massive difference to his attitude. I'm definitely happy to trust Rafa on these sort of signings.

It just makes us want him to succeed more. He has very little pressure on him, as the fans aren't going to be expecting much, and we suspect he will be behind Yedlin in the pecking order anyway.

Hopefully he will get plenty of advice from Rafa, a few cameos to get his confidence back and then when he gets his chance, he takes it.

Good luck Javier!

Quite a good transfer strategy this. Let the mackems loan players they can't afford to keep, where the player ends up living in Newcastle and loving the area and signing for us as a result.

"I've got the opportunity to join this big club, the biggest club in the North East."

RTG meltdown in...3...2...

thread needs a title change .

"Javier Manquillo joins biggest club in North East in three year deal."

Very hard to take any stock in playing for such an atrocious team and manager at Sunderland last year. He indeed has much to prove, and a low cost low risk squad player who has quite a high ceiling if he can improve.

Next signing plz.

Very hard to take any stock in playing for such an atrocious team and manager at Sunderland last year. He indeed has much to prove, and a low cost low risk squad player who has quite a high ceiling if he can improve.

Next signing plz.

This is pretty much my thoughts on it. It's harsh to brand a young player cack because he was playing with awful players with awful attitudes in an awful team.