Javier Manquillo (now playing for Celta de Vigo)

Parsley

Sunderland supporting friend's opinion - "plays both left and right back but right footed so predominantly right back. Yedlin is better but almost all our players were shit last year.... can't underestimate the Moyes factor."

Oh look, we're signing players to be part of a squad and people are immediately shooting them down as shit :lol: Sounds like last year.

As I said in the other thread, he must have something about him if Atletico, Liverpool and Marseille have all fancied him at some point. He'll no doubt compete with Yedlin and Gamez for the RB slot and if he's utterly shit then he'll get less game time than the other two.

Basically a replacement for Anita, which we needed.

He'll rightly start with a clean slate but he looked poor when I saw that fucking rabble last season. Hopefully Yedlin stays fit, it's a relatively small fee but feels like a bit of a waste. I hope I'm wrong obviously.

The idea of not always signing "purples" is a weird concept for a lot of fans, this is new territory under Benitez.  He wants a deep squad, he will undoubtedly get a fair few wrong.  He deserves our faith, the most relieving thing appears that the wheels are turning

Rafa's obviously ok'd it & we have a manager currently that can actively improve players understanding of the game. We went through all this when Clark signed, even if some don't do well others will. Wish this lad the best & hopefully he can step up.

The idea of not always signing "purples" is a weird concept for a lot of fans, this is new territory under Benitez.  He wants a deep squad, he will undoubtedly get a fair few wrong.  He deserves our faith, the most relieving thing appears that the wheels are turning

That term will never die :lol:

Sunderland supporting friend's opinion - "plays both left and right back but right footed so predominantly right back. Yedlin is better but almost all our players were s*** last year.... can't underestimate the Moyes factor."

Similar with my mate. Said he was excellent on the ball. Very comfortable both sides. Possibly not the greatest defender and due to team/tactics didn't get much chance to get forward that much but thought he'd have the technical ability to be useful final third.

Sunderland supporting friend's opinion - "plays both left and right back but right footed so predominantly right back. Yedlin is better but almost all our players were s*** last year.... can't underestimate the Moyes factor."

Similar with my mate. Said he was excellent on the ball. Very comfortable both sides. Possibly not the greatest defender and due to team/tactics didn't get much chance to get forward that much but thought he'd have the technical ability to be useful final third.

Satisfactory.

3 years ago he was extremely highly rated. Not quite on the Santon level but still highly rated. Capped at U21 for a good Spanish side, has experience in the Premier League.

He's fast enough to play in England, maybe needs games to build up some confidence. Playing in a Benitez team will help with that.

We really going to judge the kid based on him playing for THAT Sunderland team?! Come on now :lol:

Remember some junk being talked about Yedlin last year and all. 

Looking forward to seeing how he comes along under the guidance of our stud manager. Happy Rafa has got a player that he wants.