Mikel Merino

Disco

Don't get me wrong, he was really good throughout and probably our best player with Ritchie but I think the praise he is getting for the pass for the first goal shows just how poor our options were in there in recent years. It's an easy enough pass IMO although beyond the likes of Anita and Colback

Potential-wise I see more Hamaan (pre-Liverpool, and the switch to primarily shielding the back 4) in him, than Cabaye. Greater physical presence, bigger engine than Cabaye.

If Pardew returns I think this kid, silky as f*** and dares to venture forward, is somebody whom The King would pick apart & criticize with Prozone & Opta stats and freeze his development.

Don't get me wrong, he was really good throughout and probably our best player with Ritchie but I think the praise he is getting for the pass for the first goal shows just how poor our options were in there in recent years. It's an easy enough pass IMO although beyond the likes of Anita and Colback

Its not the pass thats beyond them. Its having the balls to get that far forward.

Wonder what Souness thinks of him now . Not that anyone cares but he was very harsh on him last week.

That he was very good yesterday? He made a mistake last week and it cost us a goal and he got stick.  By all accounts he played really well yesterday.  The 2 can exist in harmony

The thing is, despite the mistake, it was pretty clear that he could play, even in that game. A few idiots wrote him off on the basis of that error, but most of us could see past that, so it's absolutely right to roast Souness and all like minded twats.

Nobody wrote him off. 

Wrote him off was probably the wrong term, overly critical would have been more accurate. Go back to around the page 28 mark and there were a few expressing doubts, you were prominent among them, describing him as a boy in one post and wishing we'd signed a player like Fletcher in another. I'd say there were some who saw the good parts of his game, and others who focused on his mistakes above all else.

Nobody wrote him off. 

Wrote him off was probably the wrong term, overly critical would have been more accurate. Go back to around the page 28 mark and there were a few expressing doubts, you were prominent among them, describing him as a boy in one post and wishing we'd signed a player like Fletcher in another. I'd say there were some who saw the good parts of his game, and others who focused on his mistakes above all else.

The vast majority of the posts from there are supportive and positive.

Nobody wrote him off. 

The vast majority of the posts from there are supportive and positive.

I was talking about the ones that weren't.