Mikel Merino

Disco

Cracking player, whenever he's on the ball you just have complete faith in him to do the right thing and to not lose it. Add to the fact that he's combative, good at winning the ball back and good in the air, he's a fantastically well-rounded player for someone who is just 21 years old. If he was English he'd be worth £50m.

He's allowed a slightly off performance! Just was unlucky with a few passages of play but at times him and Jonjo played some nice stuff. I hope they become a good duo in the middle

Aye, we were playing Liverpool to be fair  :lol: He struggled a bit with the press but was still pretty decent. I thought him and Jonjo would get massacred today so delighted that they looked relatively solid together.

Obviously some of it will be down to Liverpool's quality and he might have been caught out a bit by the pace, there was definitely times where he fucked up a simple pass, or where in another game he would have rolled away from the challenge with that sexy turn of his.

We know he's better than today like.

You've got to remember that Merino was effectively playing Hayden's usual role today.

Was going to mention that, Shelvey basically played Merino's role of the previous few games. Merino wasn't pressing up anywhere near as high in previous games.

I think it can work but obviously it's going to take an adjustment period.