Newcastle United 0 - 2 Tottenham Hotspur - 13/08/17 (post-match from p28)

Kaizero

We never really looked like getting more than a draw at best, but I'm going to go ahead and blame absolutely all of this on Shelvey and the injuries.

:thup:

More subs available in the 2nd half would have helped a lot I feel. Could have done with Merino sooner, Mitro for Gayle later.  But we were unable, then Shelvey obviously didnt help

Worst thing about Shelvey is that he's supposed to be one of our main players this year. Some people don't handle responsibility well. Will damage trust between him and the manager, fans and other players. What a melt.

He was our captain today as well :lol:

Reading this thread, sometimes I wonder whether the much-derided mainstream media opinion of our fans is actually fairly accurate. Absolutely embarrassing.

Aye. Looking fairly comfortable at 0-0 at HT and quite a few people pissing their pants that we hadn't completely outclassed Spurs and knocked in four or five :lol:

Is there a happy medium on this forum? Or do we only deal in extremes? :lol:

Keep forgetting we're much better away from home ??

We were better away from home last year because teams didn't sit back as much and gave us more space. Doubt it will be the same this year. We stay up by getting as many points from home as possible, including in games like this. Shelvey has fucked us royally.

Pleased spurs took their foot off the gas, as its spared us a hiding. This squad is still woefully short - but we know the owner won't sanction any cash being made available. It's going to be a long hard season.

Attsu our best player today by a mile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 injuries, a red card and a loss on the first game of the season is pretty catastrophic :lol:

We looked okay prior to the red. I think it'd have likely ended 1-0 to Spurs without the red.

There was enough in the performance to suggest we could be okay, but will reserve judgement until the closure of the window.

The early injuries and Shelvey's utter stupidity caused us too much damage.  Being forced to make 2 subs before half time restricted what we were able to do later in the game and how we could react to Shelvey being a fucking moron.

No idea what might have happened if we'd kept with the same starting 11 through to 60+ minutes, Spurs were giving away stupid fouls of their own and their frustration could have easily led to their own game plan coming apart.

Not the best start to the season.

How did Walker-Peters get MOTM, Atsu has been outplaying him.

The commentators have been kissing his arse since the 1st minute.  He got praise for having the most touches after about 20 minutes FFS!  :lol:  Personally i think he had a difficult afternoon but didn't make any big errors so his manager will be reasonably happy with him.

How did Walker-Peters get MOTM, Atsu has been outplaying him.

:lol:

I think that's right TBH. W-P didn't really do anything, he's only MOTM because of the media narrative.

Alli was clearly their most important player today. The goal aside even.