Joselu (now playing for Real Madrid)

Dave

People are getting a bit carried away. He's good at holding up the ball but his finishing/shooting is definitely iffy

Aye but it improves the entire team, we couldn't get near the box with Gayle on the pitch because his link up play compared his poor and doesn't have the presence.

Entire the team improves it's better he doesn't start for now, the ball just comes back again and again. This isn't my opinion based on today either, i immediately noticed it when he came on against Huddlesfield. Gayle is great but right now the midfield needs as much help as it's going to get.

Thing with Joselu is that he's always looked the part but he never had the consistency/workrate. There's a few games every year where he'll look ace (funnily, his best games last year were against Barça and Real Madrid), others where he just strolls around the pitch. Depor fans I met were really frustrated with him.

Let's see if Benítez is able to keep the fire lit in his belly.

Is Hamann the only other German born we've had play for us?

Ralf Kiedel played for the reserves under Dalglish. Some keeper called Ziegler played in a friendly for us up at Celtic under Gullit.

Alan Neilson, Welsh centre half from the early 90s, was born in Germany. Knowledge.

Is Hamann the only other German born we've had play for us?

Ralf Kiedel played for the reserves under Dalglish. Some keeper called Ziegler played in a friendly for us up at Celtic under Gullit.

Alan Neilson, Welsh centre half from the early 90s, was born in Germany. Knowledge.

Best clearance off the line ever after a Ruel Fox mistake against Leeds (a), in the blue kit iirc.

Guest firetotheworks

I need to see that again because I only vaguely remember it. Venison's overhead clearance was great either that season or the one after.