Joselu (now playing for Real Madrid)

Dave

Love our support sometimes.

Even when the opposition are unhappy to lose the player and seem to rate him relatively highly, there are plenty around to slag off the signing and call it underwhelming based on the fact that PFM Mark Hughes rated English beefcake Jon Walters higher.

Perez is equally as much a gamble as this lad and he's £8m cheaper, probably demanding much lower wages and a few years younger. Other than one good season, what has Perez achieved in his career at 28 to make people want him more?

If Rafa wants Joselu and by signing him we'll have a few extra quid in wages and transfer funds to strengthen another area of the team then it's a good deal in my eyes.

Couldn't agree more.

I can't believe we're stooping as low as to sign Real Madrid rejects. First Michael Owen, now this.  :scared:

Speaking of that prick, heard him on an radio advert today for a personal injury claim solicitor. Literally said 'I'm Michael Owen and I know a lot about being injured' the cheeky cunt. :lol:

I can't believe we're stooping as low as to sign Real Madrid rejects. First Michael Owen, now this.  :scared:

Speaking of that prick, heard him on an radio advert today for a personal injury claim solicitor. Literally said 'I'm Michael Owen and I know a lot about being injured' the cheeky cunt. :lol:

Heard that when I was in the shower the other day. Nearly chopped my dick off with the razor.

Just noticed he scored 3 goals v Real Madrid last season in 65 minutes on the pitch against them :lol:

Also scored in Deportivo's 2-1 win v Barcelona.

Suggests he may have potential to be decent atleast?

One thing I noticed with the Tottenham game was how many times they pressed us in to punting the ball up the field only to give it straight back to Spurs as Gayle is no target man. He could well be a good number 10 as not only is he good in the air but also good on the deck and would help get Gayle and the wingers in to the game further up the field. He could be more effective than Perez in that role.

Really poor goal record. Deportivo last season were (yet again) woefully short on goals, and had one of the worst home records across the major leagues across Europe. The fact he played 24 games for them and only scored 6 goals isn't outstanding, however I think the team in general were quite poor.

4 goals in 27 Stoke appearances? Hmmm. He will have to do but it is very, very evident that he is simply top of our 'what money we have left' list. You never know he could be a canny signing but in reality £5m speaks for itself and at his age (27, which for us is unusual) I think it will very much be a case of you get what you pay for!

People saying "if Rafa wants him"

Rafa has also bought some utter s****...

Name one manager who hasn't made the odd s*** signing?

Especially when you are pretty much restricted to signing players in the 0-5m bracket.

If Rafa was given 15m to spend on a striker, you think he wants to go down the list to Joselu?

Really poor goal record. Deportivo last season were (yet again) woefully short on goals, and had one of the worst home records across the major leagues across Europe. The fact he played 24 games for them and only scored 6 goals isn't outstanding, however I think the team in general were quite poor.

4 goals in 27 Stoke appearances? Hmmm. He will have to do but it is very, very evident that he is simply top of our 'what money we have left' list. You never know he could be a canny signing but in reality £5m speaks for itself and at his age (27, which for us is unusual) I think it will very much be a case of you get what you pay for!

From reading he played 892 mins for Deportivo, that's about 10 games worth & got 5 goals. At stoke it looks similar in terms of barely getting any games in a row. It's similar to what Gayle got at Palace, the odd game here and there. I think it looks a decent shout as a signing.

Love our support sometimes.

Even when the opposition are unhappy to lose the player and seem to rate him relatively highly, there are plenty around to slag off the signing and call it underwhelming based on the fact that PFM Mark Hughes rated English beefcake Jon Walters higher.

Perez is equally as much a gamble as this lad and he's £8m cheaper, probably demanding much lower wages and a few years younger. Other than one good season, what has Perez achieved in his career at 28 to make people want him more?

If Rafa wants Joselu and by signing him we'll have a few extra quid in wages and transfer funds to strengthen another area of the team then it's a good deal in my eyes.

He hasn't scored over 10 goals in a season in his entire career since Castilla, so there are reasons to be skeptical, especially as most of that was in the Bundesliga. He could be an astute purchase though. its positive that he's highly rated by stoke fans, and he does seem to strike the ball well, but given this its a puzzle why he hasn't scored more goals.

At £5m he's a very low risk buy. Also, he's another player with a point to prove, a little prem experience and time still on his side.

We all wanted a £20m striker but we'll see how this goes, I wish him well.