Joselu (now playing for Real Madrid)

Dave

To the tune of Waterloo.

Joselu! Couldn't buy Perez but we wanted to.

:lol:

Searched Joselu's name in the search bar and turns out I called him 'great' a few seasons ago so that's me sold

Aye, just saw this post a few pages after someone mentioned Joselu back in 2012. Next time Mole ever tries being a smart arse I'll use this...

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,91363.msg3593836.html#msg3593836

To the tune of Waterloo.

Searched Joselu's name in the search bar and turns out I called him 'great' a few seasons ago so that's me sold

Aye, just saw this post a few pages after someone mentioned Joselu back in 2012. Next time Mole ever tries being a smart arse I'll use this...

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,91363.msg3593836.html#msg3593836

Coloccini ended up the best of those 4  :lol:

To the tune of Waterloo.

As Ben Arfa said pards ruined Mbiwa.

To the tune of Waterloo.

As Ben Arfa said pards ruined Mbiwa.

Maybe but a) never better than Vertonghen and b) never a suitable partner for Coloccini.

just been going through his deportivo stats, scored 5 goals for them last season, 4 of which were against either Barcelona or Real Madrid so at least he's not afraid to score against the big teams. :lol:

Actually averaged one goal every 40 minutes against the El Clasico's last season.

Uninspiring signing but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Judging by a lot of Stoke fans' comments about his playing style (likes to drift/good movement, sound technical ability while not being the strongest etc), it sounds like he could be well suited to play our number 10 role rather than being used as the focal point?  This isn't based on anything i've seen personally mind as i can honestly say i've never seen him play even once.

From the Telegraph article about Rafa wanting five more:

Technically gifted, the former Hannover 96 forward also has the capacity to operate just behind a main target man, another position that is on Benitez’s wish-list.

Aye because things said 4 years ago apply today :lol:

You know the rules Mole, you're not allowed to change your mind or have a different opinion a few years later. Internet rules mate, you're scum unfortunately fella  :lol:

I don't think him as a no.10 is a bad shout. Benitez liked having presence behind Gayle last season and this lad seemingly fits the bill, especially with Diame looking like a backup CM now. He won't be uber creative but we don't really need that for the system Benitez is likely going to have us playing in a lot of games this year.

Love our support sometimes.

Even when the opposition are unhappy to lose the player and seem to rate him relatively highly, there are plenty around to slag off the signing and call it underwhelming based on the fact that PFM Mark Hughes rated English beefcake Jon Walters higher.

Perez is equally as much a gamble as this lad and he's £8m cheaper, probably demanding much lower wages and a few years younger. Other than one good season, what has Perez achieved in his career at 28 to make people want him more?

If Rafa wants Joselu and by signing him we'll have a few extra quid in wages and transfer funds to strengthen another area of the team then it's a good deal in my eyes.