Huddersfield Town 1 - 0 Newcastle United - 20/08/17 (post-match from p37)

Disco

Merino has looked tidy enough apart from the time he slipped towards the end. It's his first start in this country, it'll take him some time to get used to the frantic nature of football here.

:thup: He's been influential, was at the centre of that wee spell of possession we had towards the end of the half.

Are people honestly surprised? What were we expecting? It's a mostly Championship level squad. I've been saying for months that avoiding relegation (with this team) should be considered a success. Talk of the likes of even 12th is not happening.

Merino has looked tidy enough apart from the time he slipped towards the end. It's his first start in this country, it'll take him some time to get used to the frantic nature of football here.

He's been closed down on the ball a couple times in that half, did well other times too. Just needs to adjust to the pace a bit. Both sides look a bit nervy to me.

I think you're all a bit paranoid like. Sky hasn't really said anything wrong.

Not having that, all they have done all half is w*** over their striker like he's the second coming of Drogba. Then go on about how millions of chances Huddlesfield have created when Elliot's had f*** all to do other than the shot from Ince which came from a poor Atsu pass and Ritchie's chance was far better than that.

It's been a s*** game from both teams, but they are acting like they are the second coming. I had to mute it after 20 minutes, such was the incessant bollocks they kept repeating.

Guest neesy111

Really nervous at the start but came back into it later on. Would be tempted to swap Richie and Atsu, then obvs the substitutes later on.

They were swapped at the end weren't they?

They did, we looked better after that happened.

Are people honestly surprised? What were we expecting? It's a mostly Championship level squad. I've been saying for months that avoiding relegation (with this team) should be considered a success. Talk of the likes of even 12th is not happening.

We haven't lost yet dude.

Being schooled by Huddersfield... long hard season awaits unless major investment and bybthat I mean a new owner!

:lol: All they're doing is passing the ball between their two centre halves and midfielders going nowhere

HTT craves implosion.

Pretty sure he gaurenteed Rafa wouldn't be here.for the first game of the season. 

Pretty comfortable, tbh. Just need to get into some rhythm going forward. Don't buy this team doesn't have goals, all about confidence.

We've had 1 shot on target all game.

So have Huddersfield, and they only got that shot away because the ball fell kindly from them when our inception didn't quite come off for us.

Need Di Caprio on ASAP like.

The lads are defending well and withstood the early pressure Huddersfield give to us.  That's acceptable half for me.

We need to be better in 2nd half though.  Mitrovic should be subbed in.

Being schooled by Huddersfield... long hard season awaits unless major investment and bybthat I mean a new owner!

:lol: All they're doing is passing the ball between their two centre halves and midfielders going nowhere

HTT craves implosion.

Pretty sure he gaurenteed Rafa wouldn't be here.for the first game of the season. 

Thought that Steve Bruce would do a better job than Rafa last season