Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Guest HTT II

Looking back it seems a lot of the early flops went there very young and I think for a lot of those players the more physical and quicker game here in England is ideal or better suited to some of them players or their game. Henry did struggle when he first joined Arsenal mind and Bergkamp kind of did too. The Dutch seem to excel or used to in Italian football more than any other nationality, Eastern Europeans/Africans lately too.

Edited by HTT II

Paqueta also explained what went wrong in Italy: “When I struggled, I put myself under pressure. Sometimes I looked at whoever was talking about me outside the locker room. I ended up taking everything personal. I felt that I had to score more and be more decisive. In the end this confused me a bit. However, it was a learning experience and now I feel freer. What is said about me does not affect me, I know how to behave“.

I get the feeling with Paqueta that if Howe really wanted him and saw him fitting into our side the deal would be pretty straightforward to do.. just not sure the interest is there from us.

12 minutes ago, Nine said:

I get the feeling with Paqueta that if Howe really wanted him and saw him fitting into our side the deal would be pretty straightforward to do.. just not sure the interest is there from us.

Me neither. I think our interest should be there though. He can do many roles. 

Serie A is the most tactical league I think, and generally the slowest and most defensive too. Definitely the league for greater experienced players.

If I played I would be looking to play in the more open, up and down leagues in my youth when I'm at  my physical peak, and then look to move to Italy from around 28 years old if I had the chance.

It definetly feels like Paqueta is a long term target. It'll be complicated because he'll command a massive fee and there will be a lot of competition. Having Bruno will certainly help out, but it'll be a difficult sell if someone like City come in for him.

Again though, it all depends how we want to use Bruno going forward. If we see him as a progressive DM, Paqueta would be transformative. If we want Bruno further forward, we probably need a more natural DM. I like that Paqueta would give us another option up top or out wide though. If it's financially viable, I hope they go for it.

16 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Serie A is the most tactical league I think, and generally the slowest and most defensive too. Definitely the league for greater experienced players.

If I played I would be looking to play in the more open, up and down leagues in my youth when I'm at  my physical peak, and then look to move to Italy from around 28 years old if I had the chance.

Once upon a time perhaps, but Serie A had more goals per game than any other major European league over the last couple of seasons.

I agree its a bit slower, but it certainly isn't defensive.

Just now, The Prophet said:

It definetly feels like Paqueta is a long term target. It'll be complicated because he'll command a massive fee and there will be a lot of competition. Having Bruno will certainly help out, but it'll be a difficult sell if someone like City come in for him.

Again though, it all depends how we want to use Bruno going forward. If we see him as a progressive DM, Paqueta would be transformative. If we want Bruno further forward, we probably need a more natural DM. I like that Paqueta would give us another option up top or out wide though. If it's financially viable, I hope they go for it.

Apart from that there doesn’t seem to be many clubs after him at this moment in time. Not much if anything serious, judging from the outside. 

19 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Frank will use the money to make that diving 2D faced cunt into 3d now instead. Can’t come up with his name now. 

:lol: Gordon