Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Sterling to Chelsea would be such a miserable signing. Can't understand why Man City would even go for that. It's not like it's totally beyond the realms of possibility that Chelsea are direct competitors to the title in the next couple of years, particularly with signings like that. 

Meh, give up trying to figure out how those awful bastards all operate. Maybe it's in all their interests to keep their competitors competitive or some shit. Keep the cabal above the rest. 

14 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Sterling to Chelsea would be such a miserable signing. Can't understand why Man City would even go for that. It's not like it's totally beyond the realms of possibility that Chelsea are direct competitors to the title in the next couple of years, particularly with signings like that. 

They basically have a policy of ‘if you want to leave and can get a club to meet our asking price we’ll let you go so you’re not moping about the place and can replace you.’ Guess it makes sense on some level especially when City have struggled to peddle players previously.

26 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Fulham have made a €10m offer to Wolfsburg for right-back Kevin Mbabu.

Surprised they didn’t just get Williams back, who is off to Forest I think I read.

46 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I don’t like the look of the city squad without Sterling and Jesus. 

Take Haaland out the side and it’s very one-paced going forward. 

I think they could be even better this season. Julian Alvarez joins them (January signing) after being voted best player in South America last season. Haaland looks a beast of a centre forward. Phillips is exactly what they need in midfield. Foden should be  even better. Terrifying really. 

2 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Meh, give up trying to figure out how those awful bastards all operate. Maybe it's in all their interests to keep their competitors competitive or some shit. Keep the cabal above the rest. 

:lol: Naah. Bottom line - English clubs in general just have so much more money than most other European clubs. If they want to offload a high-earner who’s surplus to requirements, free up some wage bill and balance the books under the new “FFP” then there are a limited number of clubs you can sell to. They’d have sold to you if you were willing to pay and if Sterling was willing to go to you.

Arsenal basically had to suck it up and write off Auba, Ozil and Laca to get them out of the league.

25 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Is Alvarez confirmed to be coming? Assumed he’d just get loaned out again. 

Apparently he’s with them pre-season, and local Manchester press saying he’ll stay for the campaign. Sounds like a real handful—Craig Bellamy meets peak Michael Owen. 

I suspect Sterling needs Pep's system far more than Mane or especially Salah need Klopp's, a common claim from Liverpool fans. Salah scores what can only be described as individual goals. When he's not dribbling past two or three, a simple long ball over the top may be enough to put him in.

Tuchel's a great manager and can probably get a tune out of Sterling, but I wouldn't expect as many far post "tap ins".

15 hours ago, Disco said:

They basically have a policy of ‘if you want to leave and can get a club to meet our asking price we’ll let you go so you’re not moping about the place and can replace you.’ Guess it makes sense on some level especially when City have struggled to peddle players previously.

Bizarre. If a player wants to leave you're supposed to let them run their contract down and leave for free. Everybody knows that. 

19 hours ago, JNK said:

Fernandinho is back home! :drool:

1075713720_WhatsAppImage2022-06-27at16_08_08.thumb.jpeg.bda5aaa58897a31fb0554d56e7006c79.jpeg

The bloke holding the shirt with him bears an uncanny resemblence to Tessio from the Godfather.

"Mike....can you get me out of this one? For old times sake?"