Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Feels like loads of movement already this summer, domestically speaking.

Richarlison to Spurs

Raphinha to Chelsea

Phillips to City

Jesus to Arsenal

Sterling to Chelsea possibly

Gonna be weird.

20 minutes ago, Mikky said:

he’s shite 

Think it's a decent punt for a left footed centre back that is still a good age. He was really good for Sevilla which earned him the move to Barca in the first place. Hasn't really worked out at Barca, but could see him doing well in Conte's defensive setup, which is a bit more deep and compact. Good signing IMO.

Edited by KaKa

1 hour ago, ponsaelius said:

Looks like Danjuma to West Ham. It shows what we're competing with this season. Got to hope we get some serious quality in forward areas.

The top 4 are pushing ahead to consolidate and keep pace the moves of one another, but they're miles away from us atm anyway. West Ham are in that chasing pack for Europe, but certainly nowhere near competition for CL places yet. 

All we need to do is put ourselves in the position of safe mid-table with the possibility of top 8 and a good cup run. 

Chelsea’s window is going from bad to amazing at a rapid pace. If they manage to get De Ligt, Sterling, Raphinha and Aké - which seems entirely plausible - that seems kinda incredible after how things were looking.

4 hours ago, STM said:

Feels like loads of movement already this summer, domestically speaking.

Richarlison to Spurs

Raphinha to Chelsea

Phillips to City

Jesus to Arsenal

Sterling to Chelsea possibly

Gonna be weird.

All good/great players but I'm pleased we didn't sign any of them, all of their strength and weaknesses are known in the PL. I love the idea we are buying relatively unknown quality players like Bruno and Botman (more to follow) and putting them alongside tried and trusted PL players (Tripps, Targett, Burn, Pope) and making the most or giving a chance to prove themselves to players already here (Joelinton, ASM, Scharr, Krafth)....it just seems like a nice balanced approach. The best thing is that when we buy players we are not familiar with, I have confidence that we know what we are doing and are buying quality players that fit with the project/ethos and all seem to be low key appointments....so yeah, they're all good players above but I am more than fucking happy with the NUFC approach...... in Eddie, the owners and now Ashworth I trust.

Can't wait for next season, already excited. not felt so positive and looked forward to a season so much since they announced the arrival of KK....as a player!!

HTL   :indi:

1 hour ago, DMLeazesender said:

All good/great players but I'm pleased we didn't sign any of them, all of their strength and weaknesses are known in the PL. I love the idea we are buying relatively unknown quality players like Bruno and Botman (more to follow) and putting them alongside tried and trusted PL players (Tripps, Targett, Burn, Pope) and making the most or giving a chance to prove themselves to players already here (Joelinton, ASM, Scharr, Krafth)....it just seems like a nice balanced approach. The best thing is that when we buy players we are not familiar with, I have confidence that we know what we are doing and are buying quality players that fit with the project/ethos and all seem to be low key appointments....so yeah, they're all good players above but I am more than fucking happy with the NUFC approach...... in Eddie, the owners and now Ashworth I trust.

Can't wait for next season, already excited. not felt so positive and looked forward to a season so much since they announced the arrival of KK....as a player!!

HTL   :indi:

I mean, sure, but it’s not like you had a choice between the two approaches. I genuinely don’t think you could have got a single one of those players…at this stage in proceedings. You’re just doing what any team in your position should be doing, just you have more flexibility and money than most have had.

Take, I dunno, Leicester seven years ago - signing relatively unknown quality players (Kante, Inler, Demarai Gray, Amartey) putting them with tried and trusted PL players (Huth, Nathan Dyer) and making the most of players already there (Chilwell, Wes Morgan, Danny Drinkwater, Riyad Mahrez). One difference is that your “relatively unknown” quality players and other transfers in are costing about three or four times as much as Leicester paid. And that’s OK, it’s where you’re at. It’s just a bit strange to be pleased about not doing something that you couldn’t do even if you wanted.

2 hours ago, leffe186 said:

I mean, sure, but it’s not like you had a choice between the two approaches. I genuinely don’t think you could have got a single one of those players…at this stage in proceedings. You’re just doing what any team in your position should be doing, just you have more flexibility and money than most have had.

Take, I dunno, Leicester seven years ago - signing relatively unknown quality players (Kante, Inler, Demarai Gray, Amartey) putting them with tried and trusted PL players (Huth, Nathan Dyer) and making the most of players already there (Chilwell, Wes Morgan, Danny Drinkwater, Riyad Mahrez). One difference is that your “relatively unknown” quality players and other transfers in are costing about three or four times as much as Leicester paid. And that’s OK, it’s where you’re at. It’s just a bit strange to be pleased about not doing something that you couldn’t do even if you wanted.

Completely agree :lol: 

7 hours ago, Ketsbaia said:

This summer is already very annoying, despite our deals.

Even getting in the top 10 will be tough.

I wouldn't go that far. Of the teams we'll hopefully be competing with next season, there's only Kamara and potentially Danjuma that I'd be jealous of. 

Brighton are weaker, while Wolves and Leicester haven't strengthened yet. We're far from done too.

3 minutes ago, St1pe said:

Im obviously missing something but it’s beyond me how this player has two £50m transfers in his career already. 

He's obviously a talent but I'm not sure if he will cope with Conte 

Guest HTT II
8 minutes ago, St1pe said:

Im obviously missing something but it’s beyond me how this player has two £50m transfers in his career already. 

He averages 10 goals a season and through his career is almost a 1-3 goalscorer, is young, can play a variety of positions/roles. Is Brazilian, hard working, great temperament, it’s not hard to see. He will be to Spurs what Costa was to Chelsea under Conte, but less prolific. That’s a frightening forward line at Spurs. I would have loved him here. 

Bigger issue is they surely don’t need him.  Kane Son Kulu Perisic (ok maybe wingback) Richarlison is big depth. But I thought they need a CM, RWB and a CB more. 

West Ham signings look good. They look like top 6/7 signings. I don’t think we’ve made any ground on them squad wise so far. They have a good squad now.