Other clubs' transfers

Greg

17 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Looks like another very astute signing by Palace. Dougie Freedman is such an underrated Sporting Director imo.

Signed some 16 year old from Derby who already has first team experience too. Aye, Palace’s recent business (Edouard aside I’d say) has been very good. Guehi, Eze, Olise probably go for double or treble what they paid for them already. 

2 minutes ago, STM said:

Looks like Darlow wont be going to Boro.

I do wonder if perhaps the plan is to keep Darlow and cash in on Dubravka?

Clearly Dubravka is the much better keeper but I can't imagine he'll be happy playing second fiddle to Pope in a World Cup year.

Also, given all of the FFP talk, I wonder if a Dubravka sale might be more useful to the club in terms of balancing the spend?

Obviously, I'd much prefer to keep Marty D but it wouldn't shock me to see us stuck with Darlow.

Particularly now Boro have gone elsewhere...

2 minutes ago, Disco said:

Signed some 16 year old from Derby who already has first team experience too. Aye, Palace’s recent business (Edouard aside I’d say) has been very good. Guehi, Eze, Olise probably go for double or treble what they paid for them already. 

He’s an incredible talent-spotter. They’re a very well-run club and a lot of it is due to him. Never hear his name mentioned either.

1 minute ago, McCormick said:

He’s an incredible talent-spotter. They’re a very well-run club and a lot of it is due to him. Never hear his name mentioned either.

Aye - he's done some bonza business for them tbf.

21 hours ago, Disco said:

They basically have a policy of ‘if you want to leave and can get a club to meet our asking price we’ll let you go so you’re not moping about the place and can replace you.’ Guess it makes sense on some level especially when City have struggled to peddle players previously.

I employ a similar policy in my own wildly successful (FIFA 22) managerial career. Can’t have frowny-face cunts stinking up the place because they lack my vision.