Other clubs' transfers

Greg

9 minutes ago, toon25 said:

Totally forgot they've got Aubamayang too [emoji38]

He'll love warming that bench

Add Raphinha - Ferron Torres - Fati - Depay - Dembele - quite a list 

Edited by Mikky

51 minutes ago, Nobody said:

If the latter don't get a song to the tune of Havana by whoever that lass is, West Ham fans are doing it wrong. 

It'd be that Rihanna song, surely?

7 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

As I’ve stated before Depay wouldn’t be the worst signing at all and might actually be in our grasp.

His wages far exceed our alleged current structure. He signed for Barca on £230kpw. Admittedly, he may well have had to take a cut like a lot of their players.

9 minutes ago, Manxst said:

His wages far exceed our alleged current structure. He signed for Barca on £230kpw. Admittedly, he may well have had to take a cut like a lot of their players.

If I’m a Barca player I’m telling the club to fuck off. You signed me on those terms, crack on.

Seems like Broja might be going to West Ham on loan. Seems a missed opportunity for us but a loan move where he gets to stay in London and have a load more chances to play with European football too was always likely to be preferable.

How many players are successful after they leave Barca? It always seems to me that they are completely mediocre or massive flops.

Messi, Emerson Royal, Trincao, Firpo just some recent examples that come to mind.

Feel like I’m missing some obvious stars.

Edited by Fantail Breeze

6 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

How many players are successful after they leave Barca? It always seems to me that they are completely mediocre or massive flops.

Messi, Emerson Royal, Trincao, Firpo just some recent examples that come to mind.

Feel like I’m missing some obvious stars.

Usually mediocre as you say, but Neymar, Cucarella, Deulofeu, Digne have all done fairly well off the top of my head. Small list though. Arthur too, maybe? 

I don't understand why Barca pay such obscene wages when everybody wants to play for them anyway. Especially for players who are good footballers like Depay but average by their standards

9 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Mediocre Messi got 14 assists and 6 goals. 

Very mediocre by his standards and playing in that quality of league though. He was boo’d by his own fans, wasn’t he?

30 goals down to 6 is a bit of a drop off.

10 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Mediocre Messi got 14 assists and 6 goals. 

I would get 14 assists and 6 goals playing with Mbappe and Neymar in Ligue 1.

It was not a good season from Messi, which is fine. Fully expect him to be back into 40+ goal contributions next season. 

29 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Seems like Broja might be going to West Ham on loan. Seems a missed opportunity for us but a loan move where he gets to stay in London and have a load more chances to play with European football too was always likely to be preferable.

“ we should be all over that”. I kid, but really we should.

2 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Very mediocre by his standards and playing in that quality of league though. He was boo’d by his own fans, wasn’t he?

30 goals down to 6 is a bit of a drop off.

Only 24 starts though. It's not up there with his absurd numbers from Barcelona but he was still easily one of the best players in Ligue 1.