Other clubs' transfers

Greg

7 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Well we need a CDM the most and there's arguably none better than Casemiro. I would much rather sign him than Felix. The contract is making me spin though.

Sorry if I’m mistaken but I’m sure you were very positive on Fred last season.

1 minute ago, Lotus said:

Sorry if I’m mistaken but I’m sure you were very positive on Fred last season.

And I still am. Fred isn't a defensive midfielder though and he completely collapses when he is left to do all the defensive work. 

Guest HTT II

Fred and McTominay are not bad players, they are just not elite level and never will be. They get lots of stick when it’s abundantly clear they are not the main problems at Man Utd, same with Maguire or even Ronaldo. @Froggydo you think the over representation of ex Man Utd legends/players in the media are a negative effect on the club/players? Every loss or not so good performance and it’s a crisis, I’m so glad we don’t have that level of constant debate around us every game. 

24 minutes ago, Froggy said:

And I still am. Fred isn't a defensive midfielder though and he completely collapses when he is left to do all the defensive work. 

What kind of player is he then?

4 minutes ago, Anon said:

Haven't seen a lot of Casemiro but seemed to come across as a massive cunt on the pitch but maybe that's what they need at this point.

They’ve got several of those already though? 

4 minutes ago, Anon said:

Haven't seen a lot of Casemiro but seemed to come across as a massive cunt on the pitch but maybe that's what they need at this point.

He’s proper dirty - but a top player 

Strange they may be willing to cash in as Modric and Kroos are on the wrong age side but they still have the French youngsters 

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

There's a player in Fred, but you've nailed it there for me he's pretty mobile with a good engine and should be higher up the pitch making runs which is something you're desperately lacking from midfield as it happens.  But now you've got to crowbar Eriksen and shit Bruno into the team there's no chance of anything positive happening :lol:

It’s a win win.

Man United get another big name so they can keep up the air of them being a big club. 

Madrid get rid of a player who would be phased out over the next year. And get his peak value. 

And the player gets his pension. 

its good for us as well as the notion of the Glazers and Ashley being comparable takes another blow. :lol:

Edited by r0cafella

48 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

We’ve seen with Barca that lifestyle and prestige can outweigh financial incentives. Wouldn’t be surprise if he stays in Madrid. 

Exactly, would you rather live in the Gaudi buildings or a flat in Rusholme?

Edited by relámpago blanco

Just now, r0cafella said:

It’s a win win.

Man United get another big name so they can keep up the air of them being a big club. 

Madrid get rid of a player who would be phased out over the next year. And get his peak value. 

And the player gets his pension. 

And the fans of all other PL clubs get a laugh. I’m convinced now that it doesn’t matter who Man U bring in, it’ll be hilarious for a whole host of different reasons 

@Froggy what on Earth is the deal with van de Beek?!

He did so well for ten Haag at Ajax. Thought he'd be straight into the team, but Fred and McTominay are ahead of him.

No manager ever puts him on the pitch since he joined. What's the deal?

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

Also, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer got back to back top four finishes and a europa league final with this team. 

Just how good was he?! 

Well, as you know he was a counter-attack merchant and that luckily hid a mass of problems, since you tried to move away from that cause it wasn't good enough it's all fallen apart.  Whether Nostaljaer was a good enough coach to know what he was doing or was just cautious by nature you have to say in hindsight he did a very good job.  Same for Jose.

24 minutes ago, KaKa said:

@Froggy what on Earth is the deal with van de Beek?!

He did so well for ten Haag at Ajax. Thought he'd be straight into the team, but Fred and McTominay are ahead of him.

No manager ever puts him on the pitch since he joined. What's the deal?

I wish I knew. He must be atrocious in training.