Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Even at £50m it is still an insane price to pay for a player of his age, especially considering his alleged drop in form in the league last season. You could be stuck with an unmotivated old player on insane wages for the next 5 years who will not want to leave once considered past it by whomever is in charge at Man Utd at the time.

9 minutes ago, Froggy said:

It's £50m + £8m in performance related bonuses.

He's also arguably the best CDM in the world and we are desperate for one. It's a no brainer if he's willing to come. 

No he's not :lol: 

Cracking player don't get me wrong, and he will do well but he's not the best in the world.

Edited by Menace

Look, you're all going to find negatives with anything the club does so it's a pointless exercise debating against it. :lol:

We're about to sign arguably the best CDM in world football, top 5 at worst. It's a huge signing.

10 minutes ago, Froggy said:

It's £50m + £8m in performance related bonuses.

He's also arguably the best CDM in the world and we are desperate for one. It's a no brainer if he's willing to come. 

You've had this same attitude with so many players now :lol:

1 minute ago, Menace said:

No he's not :lol: 

Cracking player don't get me wrong, and he will do well but he's not the best in the world.

Key point i think is that he wasn’t the best DM in the world until they were linked. If, for some reason he stays at Madrid he will tumble back down the DM global leaderboard ?

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

Look, you're all going to find negatives with anything the club does so it's a pointless exercise debating against it. :lol:

We're about to sign arguably the best CDM in world football, top 5 at worst. It's a huge signing.

It’s not that. I love your positivity, I really do. 
It’s your apparent complete lack of subjective assessment of any ManU player or player heavily linked.

It’s you thing I guess and it’s funny.

Players, coaches, managers, they’re always amazing and the best in the world before they’ve even got their feet under the table.

Except the owners I guess, haven’t seen you say too much good about them tbf.

4 minutes ago, Froggy said:

He definitely is top5 that being said, I view you guys buying players from Real Madrid the same way I view us buying players from you lot. It’s clearly a downgrade (or traditional has been in yours and our case) and makes me question the players motivation. 

It's the exact type of signing I'd expect Man Utd to make. 

I think, certainly short term, it's a good signing and in a position they clearly need, so fair play. But the money involved for the age he is just makes the whole thing look messy.

There's so many more options that have went already this summer or would definitely move to Man Utd for much less. They should be building for the future - much like Real Madrid are trying to do - rather than signing a player who's best years are arguably going to be behind him (tbf, Casemiro could probably play to a high level for another 3y+). Vencedor would be a great signing, but think he signed a new deal recently.

43 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Even at £50m it is still an insane price to pay for a player of his age, especially considering his alleged drop in form in the league last season. You could be stuck with an unmotivated old player on insane wages for the next 5 years who will not want to leave once considered past it by whomever is in charge at Man Utd at the time.

Its the Man U way since Fergie left, its written in Latin on their crest

2 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

What are Real going to do with the money?

I want them to go for Bernardo Silva.

Those French lads aren't ready to take Case's position.

The Real Madrid guy I follow on Twitter says he wont be replaced as they have 6 players currently to play his position.

48 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Froggy you are signing hell of a player, and motivation day in day out is probably what he needs and will get. He could potentially transform your side and I don't mind the money as he's arguably the best in the world at that position and it's a position of need for you. He's built like a brick of wall and some days no one gets past him.

That being said, you look at your club and you look at Arsenal and there's a stark contrast in both clubs dealings. Arsenal seems to have a plan, you lot don't. Cristiano and Casemiro will probably be your two best players on paper, but they're rougly 200 years old together. The young players seem lost. McTominay is absolute shambles, Wan Bissaka that was highly rated is lost, Rashford seems almost done with football already, Sancho has been very poor for a majority (even if he's the one of your players I do believe could still have a very good season), Dalot won't become a great RB and Elanga is extremely raw still. 

9 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

What are Real going to do with the money?

I want them to go for Bernardo Silva.

Those French lads aren't ready to take Case's position.

At some point they need to phase out one of the three. With Camavinga, Valverde and Tchouameni they have three midfielders that will need playing time to develop into their full potential. Selling Casemiro also gives them money to begin looking long-term at a striker (Mbappé money?) as I don't see Benzema playing at this level for more than 2 years. £50m+ they wouldn't get from neither Modric or Kroos. This really is a deal I feel like they have to take.