Other clubs' transfers

Greg

1 minute ago, midds said:

If West Ham do manage to get Paqueta then I'd be in immediately for Soucek as DM tbh

Would rather some kid I've never heard of from a cooler club tbh, someone like that Caicedo fella at Brighton.

Just now, The Prophet said:

He apparently wanted the move to Barca because its Barca. City wouldn't entertain their offer as it wasn't enough and too late in the window.

Fair, although would expect Campos to only bid if he knew it was possible 

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

West Ham fans saying he has been awful for them for a while now 

He's looked exactly the type of player we've lacked since Tiote when I've watched them but I suppose they know their team and players better than I do :thup:

6 minutes ago, midds said:

If West Ham do manage to get Paqueta then I'd be in immediately for Soucek as DM tbh

Nah nor for me like. Had a decent spell but been poor for quite a while now. Was reading a bit from West ham fans and they are wondering what he needs to do to get dropped..

1 hour ago, midds said:

He's looked exactly the type of player we've lacked since Tiote when I've watched them but I suppose they know their team and players better than I do :thup:

I'm not sure he even is a defensive midfielder tbh. He's a lot like Fellaini which explains why Moyes probably likes him so much :lol: Good with his head, limited on the ball, decent goalscoring return from midfield.

Moyes on Paqueta from the BBC.

"He can play as a number 10, an eight, and he plays as a false nine for Brazil quite often. I think his pedigree is really good," said Moyes.

"Pedigree doesn't always guarantee that it works, but you would hope that it helps towards him possibly getting better."

Of course he is covering some bases here and maybe out of context but fuck that must be inspiring for Paqueta to read lol. Good record might not work out but hope he will improve!

Big fan of this of its true :lol:

Barcelona reportedly have concerns Antoine Griezmann is not being named in Atletico Madrid's starting line-ups so that Diego Simeone's side can avoid paying out a mammoth £50million fee to sign the Frenchman.

Atletico have played two games so far this season and the forward has failed to start either, playing just under 30 minutes in both clashes against Villarreal and Getafe respectively. The reduced game-time has sparked fear among the Camp Nou hierarchy that their league rivals are deliberately trying to get out of paying the £50million they would owe if Griezmann features more regularly.

The contractual situation is a complex one, but broken down to its simplest form Atletico would have to pay the aforementioned figure providing Griezmann plays more than 30 minutes of football in 50 per-cent of games this season - hence the reason the France international has been introduced in the 62nd minute of both fixtures so far this term.

3 hours ago, Jaqen said:

Big fan of this of its true :lol:

Barcelona reportedly have concerns Antoine Griezmann is not being named in Atletico Madrid's starting line-ups so that Diego Simeone's side can avoid paying out a mammoth £50million fee to sign the Frenchman.

Atletico have played two games so far this season and the forward has failed to start either, playing just under 30 minutes in both clashes against Villarreal and Getafe respectively. The reduced game-time has sparked fear among the Camp Nou hierarchy that their league rivals are deliberately trying to get out of paying the £50million they would owe if Griezmann features more regularly.

The contractual situation is a complex one, but broken down to its simplest form Atletico would have to pay the aforementioned figure providing Griezmann plays more than 30 minutes of football in 50 per-cent of games this season - hence the reason the France international has been introduced in the 62nd minute of both fixtures so far this term.

So... they signed a contract. Whoops eh. Sounds like Atletico are 'pulling an economic lever'.

Edited by elbee909

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

This would potentially explain our lack of interest.

Don't know where the rumour of £34m came from but it never made any sense. Moyes making a tit of himself prematurely. Give me taciturn Eddie any day of the week.

2 minutes ago, TRon said:

Don't know where the rumour of £34m came from but it never made any sense. Moyes making a tit of himself prematurely. Give me taciturn Eddie any day of the week.

Probably the agent himself, hoping to drum up interest and initiate a bidding war