Other clubs' transfers

Greg

26 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

For €100 million you'd surely want something close to the finished article?

They've only paid about £60million haven't they so far? Similar to what we've paid for Isak?

7 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Have to say after limited EPL and WC scouting I’ve not been impressed…

Hope said on the True Faith (I know, I know) podcast just before the World Cup that Howe refused him. Also refused that Belgian lad that signed for Milan. Says a lot really.

8 hours ago, RodneyCisse said:

Man U will be gutted about Liverpool getting their man.

Liverpool signed Garnacho? :azn:

We had personal terms agreed with Gakpo for almost a year. Garnacho's emergence plus Ronaldo's departure has just put all eyes on a centre forward. We already have Rashford, Sancho and Garnacho for the left hand side. Spending £37-50m on another left sided forward would have been a bit mental. 

6 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Liverpool signed Garnacho? :azn:

We had personal terms agreed with Gakpo for almost a year. Garnacho's emergence plus Ronaldo's departure has just put all eyes on a centre forward. We already have Rashford, Sancho and Garnacho for the left hand side. Spending £37-50m on another left sided forward would have been a bit mental. 

giphy.gif

20 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Froggy copium is my favourite copium 

I speak nothing but truth.

Had we went and spent money on Gakpo the same people would have been saying how it's silly when we have so many wingers already. Infact I'm sure I've already seen that on here. :lol: NO's fickleness is my favourite fickleness.

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

I speak nothing but truth.

Had we went and spent money on Gakpo the same people would have been saying how it's silly when we have so many wingers already. Infact I'm sure I've already seen that on here. :lol: NO's fickleness is my favourite fickleness.

You are absolutely correct about this. However, this doesn't change that you were after Gakpo but failed, most likely.

3 minutes ago, Ikon said:

You are absolutely correct about this. However, this doesn't change that you were after Gakpo but failed, most likely.

I'd say based on what the likes of Romano have said, we have passed on him. Whether that's ETH changing his mind as Garnacho has come through or the Glazer's not sanctioning it, who knows? But signing Gakpo would have ruined Garnacho straight away. Rashford, Sancho and Garnacho is plenty for one position.

I still think £80m on Antony was nuts when Gakpo was available for half the price, but at the same time we were crying out for a left sided winger. 

Centre forward is top priority by a million miles atm.

21 minutes ago, simonsays said:

Wasn't long ago they were saying similar about Elanga.  What's happened to him? 

Following the well trodden “Darren Gibson Trail” from Old Trafford to Goodison according to the papers this morning. Next stop Sunderland and ploughing into a row of parked cars at 6am whilst pissed out his brain.