Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Ronaldo is completely and utterly motivated in recent years in solidifying his CL goal scoring record, once you view everything via that lens his actions make perfect sense.

He is 11 clear of Messi and it very possible that Leo will catch him with 1 or 2 more seasons in the CL, the only two players who have a chance of catching him currently Haaland and Mbappe, but both need to score at an obscene rate for at least the next decade with no injuries to catch the record as it currently is. 

His real twisting at Man United only happened once they had failed to qualify for the CL. In his head if he can just get one or two more years playing CL games, he feels he puts the record out of reach for a generation at least, if not longer. 

Only viable option for him would possibly of been Sporting but they probably didn’t want him getting in the way of signing young players cheap and selling them for obscene profit each season. Plus Amorim is a smart coach and probably didn’t want him. 

Unless a neuvo riche club qualify and roll the dice, that’s probably him done now.

Maybe Boehly just doesn’t get football and thinks it’s all about collecting players. Gotta collect ‘em all. Respect to his efforts to sign as many defenders and midfielders as possible without getting the player they need the most, a centre forward

13 minutes ago, jack j said:

That will be half a billion in less then half a year for them

Safely hidden in real world assets i.e. players, that can then be sold on for real, legitimate and not dodgy at all money. 

I really think there is something about this deal to get the club that is dodgy and they’ve had to spend quick to legitimise the money they’ve got with the club.

2 minutes ago, LV said:

Safely hidden in real world assets i.e. players, that can then be sold on for real, legitimate and not dodgy at all money. 

I really think there is something about this deal to get the club that is dodgy and they’ve had to spend quick to legitimise the money they’ve got with the club.

Completely agree, their transfer dealings don’t make any sense at all, they’ve overpaid for a lot of their players and gone for positions they didn’t even need to prioritise. Some major red flags 

It is absurd. I don't think I've found a simple explanation as to why and regardless, it's obviously a massive loophole. 

Also can't see why a big deal isn't being made of this from the media as they are spending like absolute crazy. 

Imagine it was us, there would be BBC panorama investigations etc within days [emoji38]

Edited by Scotty66

1 minute ago, Kimbo said:

I really don’t mind Chelsea’s spending, I see it as a gamble that could easily end with them fading into midtable obscurity in a few years.

Why would it?  If it fails they can just throw more money at it.

It annoys the fuck out of me like. Chelsea started all of this crazy spending when the Russian came in, largely kept at it, made a mockery of the loan system, got bailed out (again) and now they're hoovering up players we might want at way above the going rate.

Not once have they had to face the consequences of their spending, other than the transfer ban when they already had a world class squad sitting there. 

On 31/12/2022 at 03:52, Groundhog63 said:

Rapist or not. Dickhead or not. Narcissist or not. 

Someone's offered him £400m ffs and people are saying he should go back to Portugal or coach kids ????

Amazing to think that back in the day, if you were lucky enough to be a footballer, you were married to Carol or Audrey, lived in a detached, drank lager and lime and made 600 quid a week. Nowadays, if you're good enough for long enough you can legit become a billionaire. 

On 31/12/2022 at 08:52, Groundhog63 said:

Rapist or not. Dickhead or not. Narcissist or not. 

Someone's offered him £400m ffs and people are saying he should go back to Portugal or coach kids ????

At what point does someone say "I have enough".