Other clubs' transfers

Greg

5 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

Not even a year, was the summer wasn’t it?

Yes, of course. We're only just in January!

They've pretty much capitalised on his World Cup showing to get ten times what they paid for him in just six months :lol:

What is it with Merseyside clubs and getting a free pass for spending. I know they ultimately have to generate their income and have with big sales of players but saw an article praising Liverpool for apparently doing so well over the last few years with apparently little spending...hmmmmmmm. I am happy to give them really clever spending, Salah cost ultimately a fraction of what Man City throw around for overrated players like Grealish but they did spend £75m on a defender. The point is they have spent a load of money but generally until recently spent it very well, and no they don't have unlimited funds but they aren't some fairytale poor club. 

Equally just heard on podcast about Everton drawing at Man City, and then mentioned alongside Brentford also getting good results (won't have included last night) and Everton were mentioned as the one with meagre resources???

THey do now cos they spent like total loons, that's why their squad is so bad! If I were a Brentford fan I'd be fuming to be compared as if they are the richer!

On 03/01/2023 at 04:38, Disco said:

River get 25% which is going to be one of the biggest incoming fees for an Argentinian club.

Those 25% will be worth about a penny in a years time unfortunately the way their economy is going.