Other clubs' transfers

Greg

3 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

Strange move 

Not a bad move imo. If he's not asking for much it's a model pro who's won practically everything at a club level who might assist the mentality of an unfancied but progressive club for a year or two, even if it's from the bench.

Milner's only played 800 mins or so this season. No big injuries listed on Transfermarkt, and given Liverpool's midfield struggles, he probably should have played more. 

His stats suggest he's still got it, so no big reason for them to let him go. Their midfield is in  transition (or should be), and TAA is being moved from right back, so transition at the other position they use Milner. It doesn't really make sense.

How have Brighton managed to agree a fee, contract terms and pass a medical with Pedro when the transfer window isn't open? 

Have you always been allowed to do that?! [emoji38]

Edited by Scotty66

5 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

How have Brighton managed to agree a fee, contract terms and pass a medical with Pedro when the transfer window isn't open? 

Of course. Nkunku links up with Chelsea in the summer after signing late last year. 

I thought Nkunku was agreed in the January window. 

What on Earth is the point of a transfer window then and why do clubs suddenly go crazy when you have all season to agree deals? Can't believe I've just realised this [emoji38]

11 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

Pretty much. Clubs can agree to transfers whenever they want. It just doesn't make sense most of the time when there may still be questions over a club's or player's plans/intentions for the coming season.

Suppose it's just a rare instance that both clubs and the player see it as a suitable time with Watford guaranteed another year in the Championship and Brighton seemingly after him no matter what the end of the season brings.

11 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

I thought Nkunku was agreed in the January window. 

What on Earth is the point of a transfer window then and why do clubs suddenly go crazy when you have all season to agree deals? Can't believe I've just realised this [emoji38]

Ah you’re right, had it in my head it was pre World Cup. Guess you don’t see it happen so much incase a player picks up an injury or someone better is spotted. In the case of Nkunku, Chelsea were still in European competition so it has its downside for the player.  :juicy:

6 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Sell all the blacks and sign white Brits/Irish cloggers.

And that's the Burnley way. 

46 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

Did Dyche get the job for good? I thought he was one of the "until the end of the season" guys?

2.5 year contract until June 2025

6 minutes ago, toon25 said:

The absolute best move for him.

He'll win the balloon d'Or in a couple of years.

Think he will have to win the WC/Euros and CL for that to happen.