Other clubs' transfers

Greg

I just don’t think there is that kind of sentiment between clubs. The people at the top of clubs have one job: to build the best possible squad they can. And if there is a player at Chelsea someone thinks will fit the bill at their club to make that happen then they’ll bid what it takes. They won’t stop trying to build the best possible club to try and prove a point. 

And Chelsea have a lot of players that will make other clubs better. It’s as simple as that. 

Edited by cubaricho

3 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

I just don’t think there is that kind of sentiment between clubs. The people at the top of clubs have one job: to build the best possible squad they can. And if there is a player at Chelsea someone thinks will fit the bill at their club to make that happen then they’ll bid what it takes. They won’t stop trying to build the best possible club to try and prove a point. 

And Chelsea have a lot of players that will make other clubs better. It’s as simple as that. 

Yeah, I agree, this is the reality. I could see Chelsea getting somewhere in the region of 200 million in sales......then they will go on another shopping spree unfortunately. 

24 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

https://twitter.com/Other14The/status/1665741071245012992?t=17MBxOw6OFrlpLnZdZDxCg&s=19

There's where I think we're missing a trick not getting him despite him not being the most mobile. We don't have a midfielder like Bruno at all on the ball. 

To be fair Roca is 6th on that list and was rubbish. 

Free transfers are never free, you need to be careful about ending up with a player on inflated wages you can’t sell.

If we don’t go for him I’m sure we’ll have our reasons.

37 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

What would that have had to do with PSG? If Chelsea and Sporting had agreed to something then tough. 

PSG losing a player they thought they had done because another club made an offer that included an ownership stake in the selling club? They have every right to be pissed. 

11 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

PSG losing a player they thought they had done because another club made an offer that included an ownership stake in the selling club? They have every right to be pissed. 

Nothing to stop PSG doing the same. 

Hard to tell if Tielemans legs have just gone early or he had just totally given up for Leicester as he knew was always off on a free. He's looked fairly terrible for the last 18 months or so either way. 

2 hours ago, cubaricho said:

100% this, clubs could stop wages spiralling out of control tomorrow by sticking together and agreeing to pay a max wage but they never will as they are ran by selfish owners that got their money by stepping on everyone on the way up.

1 hour ago, brummie said:

Any attempt at cartel-ish maximum wage agreements would be contrary to multiple laws. 

impossible. 

Not if every club just agreed a wage cap of say £150k, no law against a gentleman's agreement

25 minutes ago, Ben said:

Not if every club just agreed a wage cap of say £150k, no law against a gentleman's agreement

It's collusion.  Anyway, the owners would love a wage cap.  It's good for owners, and bad for players.

7 hours ago, Ben said:

100% this, clubs could stop wages spiralling out of control tomorrow by sticking together and agreeing to pay a max wage but they never will as they are ran by selfish owners that got their money by stepping on everyone on the way up.

I think football players earn way more than what is reasonable, but I'd much rather the money goes to them than the clubs/owners/shareholders. I doubt prices in general would go down or even stop increasing for fans if a wage ceiling was introduced. Ultimately it's us football fans who are responsible in this capitalist society. We're the ones who agrees to pay subscriptions, tickets, shirts, memberships etc etc that allows clubs to pay players what they currently get.

8 hours ago, Jaqen said:

Hard to tell if Tielemans legs have just gone early or he had just totally given up for Leicester as he knew was always off on a free. He's looked fairly terrible for the last 18 months or so either way. 

It could also be both. 

I think it's somewhat understandable for players to suffer a lull after an extended period at a club and Tielemans has spent almost five years at Leicester. I also had a quick scan of his numbers and he's got roughly 10 full seasons worth of minutes in his legs at club level. The Premier League isn't the most accommodating to older outfield players due to pace and intensity and it's why I think someone like Perisic hasn't pulled up trees. I think if you're going to sign him you have to commit somewhat to the following theories. 

-This is not someone you expect to deliver much financial return when you call time on them.

-He's going to get smarter and be able to read the game better to make up for a lack of mobility.

-You think last season was a blip and he'll return to his typical output of 1 goal involvement per 4 games (on average).

Tottenham will back incoming manager Ange Postecoglou with funds to rival Newcastle for Leicester's England midfielder James Maddison, 26, and target Brentford's Spain goalkeeper David Raya, 27, and Wolves' English defender Max Kilman, 26. (Mirror)

Incoming #Tottenham boss Ange Postecoglou has been told that he will have to work within his means in the transfer market after Antonio Conte tried to pressure the club to spend significantly. @garyjacob? the times