Other clubs' transfers

Greg

Fair play if they do, I’ll always dislike them but would prefer them to finish high than Chelsea and Tottenham, which I think is doable. Can’t see them coming close to Man City, Liverpool or Arsenal. This season is going to be the most competitive at the top of the table since the start of the PL I think 

18 minutes ago, AJ9 said:

Feels like every season we worry about Villa. It’s become a bit of a ritual. They’ll probably do well this season tbf.

I liked some of their signings last year, but the signings are better this season and them being under Emery is what makes them a genuine threat.

—————Watkins—————
—Ramsey—————-Diaby—-
—Tielemans-Kamara—Luiz—-
-Moreno-Torres-Mings-Cash
—————-Martinez—————

Here we go, now we’re AVFC-online.org, he’s our XI this season. 

1 minute ago, Toon88 said:

—————Watkins—————
—Ramsey—————-Diaby—-
—Tielemans-Kamara—Luiz—-
—————-Martinez—————

No chance Mcginn doesn’t start 

1 minute ago, Toon88 said:

—————Watkins—————
—Ramsey—————-Diaby—-
—Tielemans-Kamara—Luiz—-
—————-Martinez—————

We're actually quite evenly matched teams. That first game could be a cracker and I imagine this season it will come down to luck with injuries to determine which side finished higher. 

44 minutes ago, brummie said:

Brighton are the best run club ever, what they've done is incredible. Esp when you consider they went years without a ground, constantly hovering on the brink of extinction.

My only concern with their scouting and selling thing is how many years they could withstand it not working, and if that was the case, what they'd fall back on. I also remember almost the exact same thing being said about Southampton.

I am probably overplaying it though.

I don't think for a second they will go as bad as Southampton, I just think they're more likely to tick on around where they are, probably dip a bit lower this season due to Europe commitments (like I expect us to as well tbh). I am sure they have 3 or 4 players I've never heard of who will prove to be great (and that ferguson looks ace too), but I just think it will probably be too much churn to sustain a real champions league push every year. 

Honestly though, I am just delighted that we will be trying still. I mean that. I don't think we are in a position yet to be 'expecting' a top 4 finish, particularly this season coming when Liverpool will be better, Spurs and Chelsea both may be better. We will have a lot of games. I just want to enjoy it and I want to enjoy competitive games against other good teams and to hell with 'worrying' about it. I am going to save my nerves for getting deep in cups and maybe getting close to a top 4 finish but I think we'll finish 5th or 6th, and I am sure I will be pissed about when it comes to it but I will try not to be, what will annoy mostly is if we are beaten by chelsea somehow being rewarded for their stupidity which does tend to happen now and then in football. I'd love to finish above liverpool again too. 

41 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I liked some of their signings last year, but the signings are better this season and them being under Emery is what makes them a genuine threat.

Aye I agree. I mean I’m not saying that in the sense that we always worry and they’re always shite…there’s a very good chance they’ll be near us next season. I just think we always worry about them, and I don’t think we really need to be worried about anyone.

Edited by AJ9

Just now, AJ9 said:

Aye I agree. I mean I’m not saying that in the sense that we always worry and they’re always shite…there’s a very good chance they’ll be near us next season, I just think we always worry about them, I don’t think we really need to be worried about anyone.

There's no point any team worrying about other teams, when it comes down to it. Just focus on winning as many matches as you can.

52 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Liverpool in for Barella. 

It is making me a little sick that Liverpool are able to sign what would be our number one targets.  

Madness really. We're in the CL, they're in Europa. FFP is such a pisstake.

The difference for us is the manager, it's not just about signings, it's what he has done with those already here.

I know I keep going on about this, but I can't think of one single player Gerrard improved. With the exception of Bailey, Emery improved every single one of them.

Under Gerrard, the same players who have been excellent later in the season were absolutely awful. McGInn is a good example of that. 

Konsa and Mings were two more - we had an absolute nightmare at home to Leicester (under Emery) and conceded 4. Emery was incandescent with rage, so what happens next with those 2? We only concede 8 goals in the final 15 matches of the season.

Try as I might, I can't ever imagine Gerrard making that improvement.

Impressed with Villa but I expect nothing less with a coach like Emery. There's a reason Emery and Howe play similar football and like similar players. It's also a reason why our management were after him. 

I believe that if we wanted Diaby, we would have got him. But risk taking for us right now is a little different than Villa due to FFP. We can't spunk 60m on a RW that plays in the german league if there is a winger in the UK who has very similar stats to him but has been doing it in a harder league! 

I'm sure we looked at him and I'm sure we rate him highly but there's risk with any player coming from the german league and we already have Tonali to bed in. Diaby could flop or he could fly... Who knows..he hasn't lit up the French national team yet so perhaps we weren't willing to take the risk on him because we are so tight with FFP. Villa have much more wiggle room on us.

Excited to see how he does though but I think Barnes will be out of the blocks faster. 

Edited by Lish007

Diaby is clearly a lot more talented than Bailey but I’m not convinced he’ll adjust straight away here. Which wingers have come in, in recent years and shone in the premier league? A lot have been bought by Chelsea and Man U who have struggled. Luis Diaz was amazing from the start to be honest 

19 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Diaby is clearly a lot more talented than Bailey but I’m not convinced he’ll adjust straight away here. Which wingers have come in, in recent years and shone in the premier league? A lot have been bought by Chelsea and Man U who have struggled. Luis Diaz was amazing from the start to be honest 

Get yasel awwa to the Maxi thread for the answer to that one

Never mind simply just coming to the Prem and shining, he's apparently become the greatest winger in world football 

Edited by bobbydazzla

Villa are going to a force to be reckoned with next season. First match could be very uncomfortable. Think 6th should be our own realistic target for next season, so would be sorta happy for Villa to deny one of the breakaway 6 a CL place if it's not to be us.

Edited by Turnbull2000