Other clubs' transfers

Greg

9 hours ago, Stottie said:

Brighton have a weird way of playing where they cycle the ball and tempt the other team to overpress. 

Is that such a weird way of playing? There are plenty of teams who do that - us included.

1 hour ago, Flip said:

as long as you can keep fit

And Neymar has proven that he can't.

He hasn't managed more than 22 league apps in a season since 2017. 

Edited by Froggy

9 hours ago, Stottie said:

Brighton have a weird way of playing where they cycle the ball and tempt the other team to overpress. They are extremely well-drilled at it and it works most of the time. When it doesn't work, their opposition manages to convert the 40% of possession they get into lots of xG. We do not hog the ball, but concede significantly fewer.

The ease with which Brighton can replace players and even the manager suggests what they are achieving is not dependent on Caicedo or any other individual. That Caicedo can do it at such a young age speaks highly of him however.

Problem with Brighton is, that there is often very little presence in the box. Usually Wellbeck or whoever the striker is ends up alone in there. So all the fine work they do to keep the ball and play pass the press, they still don't get to very dangerous positions. It is very nice to watch, but then suddenly nothing happens were it all matters.

2 minutes ago, Froggy said:

And Neymar has proven that he can't.

He hasn't managed more than 22 league apps in a season since 2017. 

Hence the very high risk comment… 

5 minutes ago, Flip said:

Hence the very high risk comment… 

Higher than high. He was a crock during his prime years in a low intensity league.

He'd be eaten alive in the Prem. Man would be at his sisters house for 7 months of the season.

Possibly the most naturally gifted player in my lifetime. Weird to say, as he’s had/ is having a great career, but I feel like he’s wasted his potential massively. Were it not for injuries, poor career choices or a lack of application (?) he had all the talent to be considered alongside Messi and Ronaldo as one of the absolute greats of this era.

Edited by McCormick

Agreed, I think he is an incredibly skilful footballer but there’s a lot of unnecessary stuff to his game. Messi is just ultimate efficiency married with skill. Messi almost never did skill for the sake of skill. Neymar did skill for the sake of skill a lot because he didn’t have the same level of ability as Messi. He’s still one of the best footballers of his generation but I don’t think he’d ever have been Messi level, and probably couldn’t have gotten close to Ronaldo either. Whatever you say about CRonaldo, his mentality is the best going and no one’s going to match it 

I wouldn't even have him 3rd behind Messi and Ronaldo. Little showboating diving dickhead with heaps of talent but an absolutely shit attitude. The likes of Xavi, Iniesta, Modric etc are miles ahead of him in this generation. 

59 minutes ago, KingArthur said:

Problem with Brighton is, that there is often very little presence in the box. Usually Wellbeck or whoever the striker is ends up alone in there. So all the fine work they do to keep the ball and play pass the press, they still don't get to very dangerous positions. It is very nice to watch, but then suddenly nothing happens were it all matters.

That's Potter Brighton. DeZerbi's Brighton score a lot of goals.

Last season Brighton scored more league goals than us and the 4th highest in the league. Only behind City, Arsenal and Liverpool. It's the 53 goals (like 8th worst in the league) conceded that dragged them down.

41 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Agreed, I think he is an incredibly skilful footballer but there’s a lot of unnecessary stuff to his game. Messi is just ultimate efficiency married with skill. Messi almost never did skill for the sake of skill. Neymar did skill for the sake of skill a lot because he didn’t have the same level of ability as Messi. He’s still one of the best footballers of his generation but I don’t think he’d ever have been Messi level, and probably couldn’t have gotten close to Ronaldo either. Whatever you say about CRonaldo, his mentality is the best going and no one’s going to match it 

Messi and Cristiano are clearly ahead and thats not even debatable, but after them I don’t think we’ve had a player in the past 15 years near Neymars level of talent.

20 minutes ago, Max Cherry said:

I wouldn't even have him 3rd behind Messi and Ronaldo. Little showboating diving dickhead with heaps of talent but an absolutely shit attitude. The likes of Xavi, Iniesta, Modric etc are miles ahead of him in this generation. 

401 goals and 224 assists for club and country for an injury riddled showboater with unnecessary skills is quite good tbh. :lol:  

13 minutes ago, Flip said:

Messi and Cristiano are clearly ahead and thats not even debatable, but after them I don’t think we’ve had a player in the past 15 years near Neymars level of talent.

401 goals and 224 assists for club and country for an injury riddled showboater with unnecessary skills is quite good tbh. :lol:  

Aye.

People complain about robotic players like Haaland being the best and complain about a lack of flair.... then turn around and hate Neymar's game. It makes no sense.

Neymar is at worst.. the 2nd best player born in the 90s. He would be a top 5 player in PL history had he played here for a decade. Players like Rooney, Bale, Aguero, Suarez... he's better than them all.

Too much money but IMO overall a good deal for both clubs

They are two midtable players, established in the league. Probably decent characters too. Maguire will play himself back into his (limited) form.

West Ham will have a capable midfield 3

West Ham to finish a solid 11th or so and have some fun in Europe.

Good deal for West ham but i am going to put money on them overriding their new technical director and get all of moyes targets in mctominey and ward prowse (who would be an excellent signing imo) and then fire moyes in September and replace him with potter whom will hate all those players. Absolute cast iron guaranteed.

14 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

Good deal for West ham but i am going to put money on them overriding their new technical director and get all of moyes targets in mctominey and ward prowse (who would be an excellent signing imo) and then fire moyes in September and replace him with potter whom will hate all those players. Absolute cast iron guaranteed.

Oi oi!

Edited by leffe186